Open water where I'm building? Got attacked!

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by booty plunderena, Oct 13, 2014.

1. booty plunderena

booty plunderena Powder Monkey

Hey there, so, I just noticed I was attacked twice & when I replayed the fight there was a HUGE open pool of water inside my fenced area with all my gold & grog! Right where I have the voodoo hut being built! What the heck? They deployed their troops inside (because obviously it made me an easy target). On MY screen it shows the voodoo hut is still under construction with 40-something minutes left, but in replay that's not the case. Is this a glitch? They obviously made off with gold & grog, but I think if something's under construction, it shouldn't leave an empty space there on someone else's screen.

Thanks!

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

That's a pretty serious glitch there ...

3. booty plunderena

booty plunderena Powder Monkey

Umm, yea. I'm not very happy about it. I've been very careful to close all puddles of water & entry levels for attack. This was right inside my fence. I'm very annoyed right now. :/

4. My question is why would you protect your voodoo hut?

5. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

That's not great at all, it sounds like the building of the voodoo hut had not been recognised when it came to a fight scenario. If you would like to email the official support@rovio.com I am sure someone there can offer a solution. Thanks!

booty plunderena likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

8. Walker D. Plank

Walker D. Plank Powder Monkey

It seems that during an attack with anything under construction, your base defaults to whatever was there BEFORE construction began. So if upgrading a mortar, the previous version of your mortar is defending. If a new building or defense is under construction, then nothing would appear in that spot during an attack because it did not exist before. That seems to be the game logic. So if you add anything new to your base, know that during an attack nothing is really there until construction is complete. Or if the item already exists, it defends with the pre-upgraded version.

9. not entirely true, because this didn't happen to me. So it's not standard, it's a bug where there is a failure in server communication or so

10. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I got that bug too, but I thought maybe it was just all the glue sniffing (kidding btw) but I definitely remember being attacked from where the WH was.

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

This may have been fixed, but if not: Be aware this can happen with any building. If there's not enough existing stuff around the incomplete building to create land, it WILL show as water during a battle.

Fix: If you're building something and you don't want water there, move other stuff closer, or move the building far away until it's complete.

12. It's funny, but my expectation was always that there would be water where an under-construction building was and that's always been the case for me.

Even with defensive buildings like my bunkers or whatever I've always built them out in the middle of my water because I knew the building wouldn't exist, so why would I expect there to be land where a future building would go? In replays whenever buildings are under construction I've never had islands of land with nothing on them, so I know they've never counted.

13. Related to having open water, be aware that if you're using mines to block out water and the mine is used during a combat then the next attacker will see open water there.

Kelani likes this.
  14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Also, if you email support from your game. Log book - Settings - Help - Support and mention this bug, and how much resources you lost due to any raids arising from it, you may be refunded.

15. Christy

Christy Commodore

Happened to me too. Now I always build NEW items off in a corner and move them inside once they are completed :rolleyes:

Kelani likes this.
  16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Always a good strategy.

Christy likes this.
  17. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

You get nothing if you ask for nothing...