Opening chests but not claiming

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Ogre's Reef, Sep 8, 2015.

1. When you look at a chest you don't have to accept the items and just close the chest for later. This is great if you have a full silo or don't need it at this time. But if you have 2-3 chests you are stuck since the same chest always opens first; you cannot see any other chest without accepting those items. It would be great to be able to hit a next button without accepting so that you can move to the next chest in line.

Tiger Lilly, Ian, Tex and 2 others like this.
  2. Great idea, but wouldn't that make upgrading your silo useless? Since chest can hold a very large amount while only taking one space (Are they even taking a space in your inventory? I'm actually not really sure)

Mobotts likes this.
  3. SaK

SaK First Mate

Great idea @Ogre's Reef
    Silo won't be useless if that happens because in that case u will be only see chests if ur silo is full...can't take them @The Fish Eyed Pirate

4. Why make a way to not collect the loot if it forces you to collect the loot anyway to see the next chest. Just seems logical to me.

5. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

i must agree with fisheye, Although i have also been collecting chests Just to see how many the game can store and to make an educated guess on the avarage ammount of loot (BP/EP/Gold/Grog and the div levels of items) you get out of Lets say... A hundred boxes Or so.

But i do see the Logic of at leased being able to open the first 5-10 boxes. It would be "extra silo space" but you could at leased open Some of the boxes and claim you prices for the items you do need at that time.

6. Ian

Ian Commodore

Time to nudge this thread along rather then start a new one. So as we approach another event with many members accumulating lots of chest. I like the idea of being able to 'next' through all the chest (and open them to see what they contain) then deciding to either collect or hold.

Tiger Lilly and Scarlet Fever like this.
  7. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

That would be so useful, when you're low on grog, it's useful to be able to open a few chests that contain the grog without having to dump all the other materials you can't currently store or use.

Ian and Tiger Lilly like this.
  8. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

I would like the idea of being able to discard items you don't need in a chest. Such as EP... with over 150k in EP and nothing to use it on, it would be nice to click something and simply not take it. Then perhaps you could collect the items you want, discard the others and be able to move on to the next chest? (Side note - its early and I haven't had coffee so words are hard )

9. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I think the issue is the data structure is only design to show one chest of each type at a time, so the other chests are not even populated until the opening process. If one had 100 chests the storage requirements of the program would increase quite a bit if all were "opened".

I would like to be able to cycle through the chests and pick what I could take out at any given time but I understand the limitation programmatically.

10. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I'm at well over a million in ep....

Mobotts and Scarlet Fever like this.
  11. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

same, 1.2 million EP, would be great to able to cash them in for a chest of some kind :D

12. Ian

Ian Commodore

1.33mil EP here and counting :rolleyes:

13. Mercutio

Mercutio First Mate

1.87m EP here, would love to use it on something.

14. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@Ogre's Reef...what a great idea!:) I wish we could scroll though the chests earned. I have heard of some fellow pirates with 100 or more chests and just imagine all of the resources, bp, ep, gold, and grog stored in them with no way of opening due to no room in maxed silo.:eek: Hopefully Midoki can give some thought to implementing the ability to scroll through them!!:)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  15. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Maybe it could cost us ep to store the chests. That would get rid of all this ep

16. Ian

Ian Commodore

I tried storing a lot of my EP in tea chests on the Trade Ship, thinking I could sell it overseas. But a rude bunch of fellows came on board and threw it all overboard before the ship sailed :eek:

17. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

It would be nice to have a use for the ep that isn't being used...maybe something sailing or map related:rolleyes:. If the ep was in the tea chests @Ian does that mean the tea was safe?:D

Mobotts, Tiger Lilly and Ian like this.
  18. Ian

Ian Commodore

19. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

Oh no not the rum...I daren't ask:confused:

20. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

I'd be quite sad if I looked in your rum barrels Ian and found BP