Outfits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acersharp1, Jun 30, 2018.

1. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki]
    Hello Lynsey,
    I'm curious why Midoki doesn't allow for purchase of outfits on the weekly trade ships? Now that we need to collect 50-60 repeats per outfit, it would be nice if the weekly trade ship brought them and we could purcahase them for gold/grog/gems etc. (same price as always or increased price based on the level that you need).

Thoughts?

Heatmiser4, WOLLIMAUS and bucket like this.
  2. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

+1
    ph 12's trade ship is soooooo boring.... it also doesn't bring new outfits since months... i have not all yet 73/120 :p
    Why does the ship even come every Friday when there is nothing to purchase on it?

And for some unknown reason ph 10's trade ship too.... i have all the LP's, since many weeks/months not one new outfit on it what i could buy :( and i really have not all of them yet and funny thing is: 73/120 here too :confused:

Whole time only lvl up outfits in the chests... no new outfits in them too.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  3. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

And I didn't mean that we can buy the same one 10 times (just in case I wasn't clear), just once for the week when it shows up. Same as before - in order to add to level up of each outfit

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're looking into this.

acersharp1 likes this.
  5. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

Thanks for the reply @Lynsey [Midoki] . Is this something that can be addressed quickly, or does it require major coding? Either way, it would be pretty cool to set up.

Cheers!

6. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

I quite like the surprise the outfits are bringing with the buffs percentages and the mysteries to follow as we gradually get to the higher levels. Makes me wonder what returns we will receive with duplicates once all are maxed level. There is tons to do to keep us all busy

7. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

yes.... more level ups :p

but no new content in sight :(

8. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

I can't recall the post, but I do recall Midoki (@Chris [Midoki] or @Lynsey [Midoki] ) stating that there would be new buildings/LPs. Does anyone know where that comment is?

9. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

I remember that too and can’t find it. I am sure she said that with the new update comes also new LP and new stuff...
    Who can find this comment? If it isn’t edited later o_O and deleted one or two words ;)

I thought it is in thread Update on the Update, but no... it should have been after my comment when i asked for new pc level, longer ship range and so on... either i can’t find in thread bug fixes...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  10. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Good morning @Lynsey [Midoki] - I have a quick question about the outfits. I have 3-4 outfits that are level 4 or 5 but I have not noticed any increase or any difference in the buffs from level to level. The buffs are still only 1% or 2% increases which I find really odd for an outfit that I’ve “upgraded” to a level 4 or 5. I guess it just seems like some outfits, no matter the level, are not getting upgrades as they increase in level. Does that make sense? Your insight on this would be much appreciated!

Cheers and happy sailing,

-Oak

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

All outfits should get either an additional buff or an increase in an existing one. So, you can upgrade to a level where the buffs to the Tavern pirates stay the same, but you get a buff for the Legendary Pirate's HP or Damage added, or increased. If that doesn't seem to be the case, let me know the Outfits in question and I can take a look.

12. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Ok I have quite a few I am curious about but an example would be Caesar toasty outfit - I have level 4 and the two buffs are only 1 and 2%? I feel like they have been the same for levels 3 and 4? Honestly a breakdown of the various levels and the correlating buffs would be great. For example, all common outfits at level 5 have a 2% buff for both LP perks? I don’t know, I just feel like some type of breakdown explaining what each level gets would be really great. It was also give us something to shoot for! So, if level 10 for x outfit gives some amazing buff I would be more enthusiastic about trying to earn it and I would likely try harder!

Thanks!

-Oak

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  13. Lynsey [Midoki]

*Deep breath*

Common Outfits only ever have two buffs - Forceful Legendary (LP Damage) and Tenacious Legendary (LP Toughness). Level 1 has no buffs. The buffs alternate in levelling between the two, so at Level 2, one stat is buffed by 1%. At Level 3, the other stat is buffed by 1%. At Level 4, the first stat is buffed up to 2%. At level 5, the second stat is buffed up to 2%. Aaand so on, until at Level 10 you have one stat at 4%, the other at 5%. Which stat is slightly higher depends on the Outfit - some slightly favour LP Damage, others LP Toughness.

Uncommon Outfits also only ever have two buffs, Forceful Legendary and Tenacious Legendary, but go up 2% at a time, so at Level 10 have one stat at 8% and the other at 10%.

Rare Outfits have up to three buffs which are added at Levels 2, 3 and 4 - Forceful Legendary, Tenacious Legendary, and one buff for a Tavern Pirate. At Level 10, these are set at 5%, 5% and an 8% buff on top of the Tavern Pirate's base buff (which varies). These are added and upgraded in sequence, eg Forceful Legendary, Tenacious Legendary, Tavern Pirate Buff, Forceful Legendary, Tenacious Legendary, Tavern Pirate Buff, etc.

Epic outfits also have up to three buffs - Forceful Legendary, Tenacious Legendary, and one buff for a Tavern Pirate. At Level 10, these are set at 10%, 10% and 8% buff on top of the Tavern Pirate's base buff.

Legendary Outfits have up to four buffs - Forceful Legendary, Tenacious Legendary, and two buffs for Tavern Pirates. Unlike the other Outfit rarities, Legendary Outfits start with two Buffs. These are the two Tavern Pirate Buffs, with the first Legendary Pirate stat buff coming in at Level 2, the second coming in at Level 3. After which, upgrading goes in a sequence, as with the other Outfits. At Level 10, one LP stat buff will be 5%, the other 10% buff, and with 5% on top of the Tavern Pirate Buffs (but the starting Tavern Pirate Buffs tend to be quite a bit higher than on the Epic Outfits). So, for example, Sadie's Gleaming Goatrider Outfit will have +10% to her damage, +5% to her toughness, +20% to Heavy Gunner Toughness, and a 20% reduction to the Heavy Gunner's Metal Storm cooldown.

14. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Thank you so much @Lynsey [Midoki] !! This is exactly what I was looking for! This explanation is amazing, thanks!

Cheers!!

-Oak

Unique Rebel and Lynsey [Midoki] like this.
  15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I may be interested in buying a Christmas outfit off the trade ship, however they don’t show any buffs to help me decided if I want it or not. :rolleyes: I’ve ignored all the pop ups and seen they all seem to have +12% this or that but I can’t remember for which pirates. Small detail that might be helpful in selling them.

16. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Would be great if we could use our spare Ep/Bp as an alternative way to push up some of the legendary pirates outfit buffs on the trade ship

Intimidator likes this.
  17. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Even max loot, to level up the outfit buffs would get everyone playing and farming more making the gameplay more interesting and keep top players active to the bone

Heatmiser4 likes this.