Perk Notification - "Ready to be Funded" ahead of exact funding time

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Arr, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Arr

Arr Captain

My guild always funds perks within seconds! (A perk of being a Meyham Mutineer. ;)) A lot of people get the notification that the perks are ready to be funded minutes after it's already been completed. It would be nice to have this notification come up a few minutes ahead of time.

"The Blacksmith perk will be ready for funding soon" or "in 5 minutes", whatever you fancy.

2. Christy

Christy Commodore

+1

3. Kawika

Kawika Crew

Good suggestion. It would also be great if notices could be pushed to phones or tablets. Give everyone a fair shot at it.

4. Christy

Christy Commodore

I get notifications on my phone and iPad @Kawika I assumed that is what he meant. I get it and log in but it's already funded since our guild also funds everything so fast.

5. Kawika

Kawika Crew

Actually meant the early funding notices he's suggesting. People can all log on 3-5 min before, then jump at the chance. But you're right, funding notices do get pushed.

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

+1000000

Gangrene Beard and Edward Kenway like this.
  7. Floki

Floki Captain

I would love the feature of being able to pre fund a perk or when I know i will not be there i can load up my share.
    Or a bank for the fund where you can keep it topped up...For me I am not always there to help fund so this sort of thing would help me.

8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I agree with this. Most of the time i miss it since the perks are funded in like 5 seconds:D Especially at this time when people have loads of loot. Would be nice to get a notification like 5min before.

9. Floki

Floki Captain

We all I think want to do our bit that's why we are in a guild

Christy likes this.
  10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm gonna be a jerk and say I'd like to see the notification be maybe 1 minute beforehand, but no sooner. Yes, everyone likes to help out their guilds, but as long as the perks are getting funded, what's the point? :)

11. Arr

Arr Captain

There's a lot of activity in my guild surrounding perk funding. Those that remember are logged in and ready to go, finger on the trigger to contribute to any and all the perks. Once the perks are open, it's a race to fill er up. It goes so fast that you won't know who funded unless you're quick to check the backers while the % screams to 100. (The persistent backers list is another idea that has been thrown around here in the past. Who should we thank? Don't know, because the backer list reset after only 3 seconds!) Afterwards, there are big pats on the back, congrats and thanks all around. Sharing of replays, general chatter, yada yada yada.

The members that get the "ready to be funded" notification find themselves late to the party. Still, it brings the players together and is one of the high points of the day for the guild.

This feature would save us the hassle of setting timers every day. Giving a 5 minute notification is sufficient to entice more offline players back into the game - to fund perks, and to continue playing the game.

Kelani likes this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

OK, @Arr you convinced me. +1 from me, also :)

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

14. +1 would love this feature

15. Bryno

Bryno Crew

Dam another notification sent to my phone. Really? Ok I'm in. How about one for under attack? Probably in another thread.:D

16. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

Yes, I would love a notification that says "You have just been plundered for $1M in gold and 700K in grog"...

Floki likes this.
  17. Floki

Floki Captain

I have been a sleep the last 2 times all the perks needed to be funded....Yes I do sleep...But I feel bad when I cant do me bit!