PH 4 design

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Druidoodle, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Druidoodle

Druidoodle Powder Monkey

I see some good designs on here for PH2 and 3, does anyone have a good example of a design for PH4? I've tried to expand a little bit on the PH3 desings here already, but it doesn't look quite right. Should I prioritise defending my resources, my PH or other buildings?

2. Rob

Rob Powder Monkey

I tend to proritise and defend the particular resource (by adjusting the design layout of the base) that i am trying to acquire in order to get my next building or upgrade. ie Gold or Grog defending both seems impracticle in the short term.
    Not sure what the negatives are in sacrificing the buildings in order to protect resources.
    If there is a re-build time or cost penalty I cannot say i have noticed one so far.
    One strategy is to place the PH in such a location as to ensure that it will be destroyed so as to implement the sheild option; as opposed to being attacked and losing lots of resources and then the hall is still standing undamaged at the end of the battle!

3. I am PH4 and I have all my defenses basically protecting my resources. I can't post a pic at the moment, but you can look up my base by searching my guild : Soulless Pirates and my IGN is TywinTheVile. Cheers!

4. Druidoodle

Druidoodle Powder Monkey

thanks - I took a look at your base, it's not too dissimilar to mine. Managed to take a screenshot now of my strategy. I've tried to keep it very centrally protected and am defending my towers...

[​IMG]

5. Kit

Kit First Mate

Interesting, how are you doing with this?

6. Druidoodle

Druidoodle Powder Monkey

I am still shielded. Never played this type of game before and have a busy week at work, so thought I'd shield for the week to get used to things and just play the single player stuff at first.

I guess I'll find out if it works near the weekend!

7. Good idea. use the time to get your defenses and troops as high as you can! you will be fine.

8. Paldubeast

Paldubeast Powder Monkey

Its not really good design, but works for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Mine seems to work well as I never get attacked LOL.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

haha:D not me either atm. Ive been sick for a couple days and all I do is watch series and make sure my game is online so i don't get plundered.
    When I get healthy so i can go out like a human being again I guess I will be attacked a lot:D

11. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

I think you don't get attacked because you are on all day! ;)

12. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Thats what I said;D

13. haha who would have thought. I am on a lot, but I do need to work, eat and sleep so not on 24.7 like my friend Edward here. However, I still don't get attacked. I am not complaining as I am always rolling in the resources.

14. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Well..Edward is on all day hehe..but good job on becoming the most feared pirate of all time, besides me! ;)

15. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I've built a machine out of lego that keeps me online at night..

16. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Hehe. Don't become like those CoC addicts..whew they are crazy.

17. LOL, the old Clash of clans trick eh?

18. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

hha:D I saw a pic with one guy who did that,I think it was the one at the top of the leader board .

19. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

90% of the leaderboard used it before the break time after 6 hours or so.

20. Oh yea, there was a lot of gaming the system, especially at the start of CoC's run. However, we are starting to run off topic and I've no idea the tolerance level for such things on this forum.