Pirate ship upgrade.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jellybeanz1, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Jellybeanz1

Jellybeanz1 Powder Monkey

Hi All, does upgrading your pirate ship give u a defensive boost to your base? I know upgrading the ship, after doing the lighthouse, increases exploration range, and hit points.
    But does the defensive cone, area of attack, increase with subsequent upgrades like it does for cannons and gun towers etc? Also does the damage dealt out on attacking players also increase per upgrade?

Thanx Nick.

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I don't know if the area of attack changes, though from ship lvl 3 the red ''fire area'' changes a bit. The damage though gets higher every time you upgrade it, so yes, it will give you a slightly better defense if positioned a correct way

3. Jellybeanz1

Thnx. I currently have my ship positioned centrally to make use of both sides of the ships defensive capabilities. Its good to know that this will increase as i go. Currently upgrading to a lv 3 ship.

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

nice:D no problem lad;) recently upgraded to lvl 3 too, looks pretty badass if you ask me.

5. Jellybeanz1

lv3 upgrade has just finished. instead of 1 cannon each side of the ship, u get 2 now. so there is an overlapping dbl cone of defense on each side now. SWEET, more concentrated attk power against plundering enemy troops!!

6. Havel

Havel Powder Monkey

Ships the best defensive and probably the most underrated weapon/wall in game IMO.

This is off topic slightly. But I wish I could take a ghost ship as my own after defeating it. It looks so much cooler. Or at least modify mine.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  7. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Yea it's very good. It has lots of HP as well, a good distraction from Brutes for example:)