Pirate strongholds

Discussion in 'Exploration Strategies' started by July cleaver, Oct 2, 2014.

1. July cleaver

July cleaver Powder Monkey

Are there any tips on how to beat the strongholds? Any specific pirates or training levels needed?

2. I use the same brutes and gunners mix that I use for raiding and it worked fine for the first 3 strongholds.

3. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

Try Using 4-5 Brutes And Rest Gunners

4. Well, if your ship holds 35 troops I might use 4 brutes, but if it only holds 20-25 you may want to try starting with 2 brutes and the rest gunners.

July cleaver likes this.
  5. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

What Of You Only Had 10 Spaces

6. July cleaver

July cleaver Powder Monkey

Ok. I will try more brutes

7. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

10 spaces would be hard to do, I suggest you don't do it and come back later when you can hold more troops.

July cleaver likes this.
  8. Zeuticus

Zeuticus Crew

Each Pirate Stronghold has a different strength and they seem underrated compared to players with the same strength ratings. You can go after the easiest one first (near Dolphin Island, I believe), then work up.

They're a good source of gold and grog, so I'd recommend waiting until you can overwhelm them with 35 or 50 troops and get total victories before you attack them and eliminate them from the map.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    July cleaver likes this.
  9. Mark'sha

Mark'sha Powder Monkey

what troops level are in ur case Redbeard?

10. My brutes are level 5, but at level 3 is when they get a total of 800 toughness and that really gives them the survivability they need to distract the defenses. My gunners are level 9.

11. ManEatingFish

ManEatingFish Powder Monkey

Don't take on the stronghold with 1.6 million in Gold and Grog unless you have the storage space for the rewards otherwise you will lose the excess. One way to counter is to surrender when you have filled your storage so you don't waste them. I speak from the experience of collecting 1 million gold when I only had storage for 650K

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah....I did that too lol. Live and learn I guess