Pirates shouldn't be able to plunder more than then can carry

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by DamianWars, Dec 2, 2015.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

pretty simple. if you've maxed out your gold/gorg it should mean you have to leave the plunder you don't have room for. You never could take it with you anyways (since you're maxed out) so I guess it just gets dumped at sea. I'm just suggesting it gets left at the island you're attacking.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Arrgh....... That wouldn't be in the spirit of Pirating now wouldn't it?

"Take what you can... Give nothing back!..."

bucket, LYM and Mr Darkfire like this.
  3. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

The problem is not with carrying the loot away, my pirates can easily carry away every coin and bottle that can be found. The problem is with storage. If my pirates bring back more loot than I can store then I hand out the excess to the crew and they spend it or drink it faster than a gemming streaker. So as I see it nothing is lost or dumped as you put it.

Cap'nSmellyBeard and porrig like this.
  4. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

Also it would make it hard to get BP(if it's not hard enough). What would we get BP from, chests, ads and monsters don't give out much either

5. BBBD3000

BBBD3000 Powder Monkey

The only change the OP is suggesting is that of someone only had 500k storage space available, and they attack your island which has 650k loot available to plunder, then the most of that available loot they should be able to take is 500k. Leaving the 150k difference still in your storage.

I think it is a great idea.

6. LYM

LYM Captain

take the lot, how every would like a feature that when you have max grog or gold then any additional collected could fund a guild storage pot for use against perks

Ian likes this.
  7. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

+1000000000 the attacker can't take/use it anyway - so why should the defender lose it!

(as long as the attacker still gets the full compliment of stars for destroying the collectors/stores - what do they care?)

8. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

exactly. no change in amount of bp, stars, percent of victory, etc, etc... I know others have presented other scenarios but basicly this is based off of the idea that if you can't carry more then that means you can't carry more. max means max. If I have max gold and click on my mine to claim more gold it doesn't allow it and leaves the gold in the mine, its the same principle carried over for attacking islands.

No one loses because pirates still plunder the maximum they can and still get credit for victories; there is no net loss for the attacking pirate.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015