Platinum outfits offers???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WOLLIMAUS, Sep 10, 2018.

1. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

laaafish likes this.
  2. laaafish

laaafish Crew

What buffs do they have?

3. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Yes, you can get them in various chests. I have received two so far.

Cheers and happy sailing,

-Oak

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As Oak Island has said, you can get the Platinum Outfits from the various chests that contain/can contain Outfits.

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  5. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

How is that possible?? I got some lvl up outfits, haven‘t collect/added the outfits/reward yet but it still shows me in my collection as already leveled up oufit???
    But the grog, gold, EP, BP, gems get‘s added only then when we collect the reward, not before!!!

How can we compare does the outfits get‘s really more % for the buffs??? Do we have to check them all, write it down and open chests later??? And compare again o_O ?

@Lynsey [Midoki]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what you mean?

If you open a chest and get a duplicate, it's not added to that Outfit's level progress until you hit the Collect Button. So, say you have a Level 1 Outfit, then you get a Duplicate but exit out of the chest screen without hitting collect, if you go to the Collection screen that Outfit will still be on level 1. When you go back to that chest, that Outfit Duplicate will still be there, waiting for you to collect - and once you do, that Outfit will go up to Level 2.

7. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

:)I have a example. I opened a lucky and there is a lvl 2 Mac outfit, Glad Rags. I don’t collect it yet, i go and check my outfit collection and there i see the SAME outfit also as an lvl 2. Increases damage done by 2%.
    So, i go back and collect it with all the other stuff from the chest and now for the 1. Time ever it changed the lvl to 3 in front of my eyes. Now i have it as lvl 3 in my collection.Got one buff more now.

I did the same today with Caesar outfits got a lvl 4 Pity the Fool and lvl 3 for Metal Meltdown in the chest, checked their lvl before collecting them, and after i collected them and they are still at lvl 3 and 4, they didn’t level up like Macs outfit just did.

I just did the same again, got the Toasty lvl 4 for Caesar from a LUCKY CHEST. I see a 4 in my chest and a 4 in my collection before collecting reward, i collect it and now it is a lvl 5 in my collection.

From a Tailors now: Purplebeard outfit also leveled up after collecting. Chest showed it as lvl 3, the collection too and AFTER collecting it is a lvl 4 now.

A DAPPER chest now. I see a lvl 2 Annabelle I am Hel in the chest and also in the collection, i collect it and it didn’t level up in the chest to lvl 3 and also not in my collection!!!! BUT!!! did the outfit get a 3. buff??? Is it the same what happened with that both Caesar outfits earlier today?? Shouldn’t it be made more clear is the outfit leveling up or does it get only a buff more but not +1 lvl? Because that is not to see when u see the outfits in the chests.

Why the outfits shows sometimes ”the wrong lvl” in the chests before collecting??? Shouldnt they show already in the chest the next higher lvl??? not that lvl that u own

Can u follow me? :confused: :)

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Aaaah, I think I see where the confusion is.

When you open a chest and it shows you a duplicate, what you'll see is that Outfit's current level, including its progress bar.

Hitting 'Collect' will add the duplicate to your current outfit levelling progress, so you'll see the green progress bar move. If you've collected the number of duplicates required, you'll go up to the next level.

So, what's happening in your case:

You had a level 2 Glad Rags in your collection. You acquired another duplicate, which added to your current progress once you collected it. As you'd hit the milestone number of duplicates to hit level 3, it went up to level 3.

They won't have levelled up, but they would have progressed along the bar, taking you one step closer to the next level.

Same as your Glad Rags situation - the duplicates you collected pushed the Outfits into the next level bracket.

Same as with your Pity the Fool and Metal Meltdown Outfits - you progressed your levelling (the green bar would have gone up), but you haven't yet hit enough duplicates to go to level 3. The outfit didn't get a third buff - it already had a third buff, as you get the third buff when you hit level 2. ;)

BTW, he number of duplicates you need goes up for each level, eg:

Level 1 to 2 requires 1 duplicate.
    Level 2 to 3 requires 2 duplicates.
    Level 3 to 4 requires 3 duplicates.
    Level 4 to 5 requites 4 duplicates.
    Level 5 to 6 requires 5 duplicates.
    Level 6 yo 7 requires 6 duplicates.
    Level 7 to 8 requires 7 duplicates.
    Level 8 to 9 requires 8 duplicates.
    Level 9 to 10 requires 9 duplicates.

So you will need to have collected the Outfit 46 times (including acquiring it for the first time) to get it to max level.

9. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

aaaah, okay... slowly but surely i get that now :D:), thank you

BUT, why so many duplicates to hit the next lvl?? :confused:

aaah, making the collecting/leveling up lasting longer so u don't have to start paying gems and other stuffs when we hit the lvl 10 ;) for duplicates then

smart move ;):D

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

It's pretty standard in games that at something levels up, the amount of effort it takes to reach the next level increases! ;)

Unique Rebel likes this.