Please updare app from Play Store

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by cnssamurai, May 21, 2015.

1. cnssamurai

cnssamurai Powder Monkey

Device: Nexus 5
    Android version: 5.1
    Issue: When starting the game most recently, as the game is loading I get an error message that says "Update your app in the Play Store." When I tap OK to do so, there is not an update available in the Play Store. I have done the following:
    - Cleared game cache (settings->apps->Pirates!->clear cache button)
    - Cleared game data (settings->apps->Pirates! ->clear data button)
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the Play Store

What should I try next?

Supernova likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

3. Supernova

Supernova Powder Monkey

Same is happening to me......i have already sent a mail......no reply yet

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

It Can take up to 48 hours for a response, but be patient. The support team are wizards

5. Supernova

Supernova Powder Monkey

now the Google play store is showing that there is an update available but when i tap on it the app page shows no option to update

6. Supernova

Supernova Powder Monkey

is there anyone who has successfully updated the app on android

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

I have. I had to open the app, and go to the app store from the prompt inside PP

Supernova likes this.
  8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

If you can no longer see the update option on Google Play, then it may be that your device has been blacklisted as being too low spec to run the game properly. If you were playing the game fine on your device prior to the update, please contact Rovio customer support at support@rovio.com - they can respond to enquiries in Finnish, English, Dutch, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, French, Turkish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese.

9. Supernova

Supernova Powder Monkey

The game was working absolutely fine.....my device has qualcomm snapdragon 615 chipset which can run hd game with ease.....

10. Supernova

Supernova Powder Monkey

If your phone is rooted then can you take a backup of apk and obb file and upload it plz

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Sorry not rooted

12. Supernova

Supernova Powder Monkey

ma'am i have already sent a mail in the above mentioned address...should i send another?

13. Lynsey [Midoki]

If you've already included the details of your device and mentioned that you were playing it fine before, then you shouldn't need to send another email.

14. Supernova

Supernova Powder Monkey

hmmmm guess i have no choice but to quite ;(

15. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

Are you rooted?

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

I posted a link to the apk I uploaded. In the other thread. @Supernova. Let me know if it works

TheAdmin likes this.
  17. Supernova

Supernova Powder Monkey

The apk will work but u will need to upload the .obb file as well, but i was able to update the app today. But i appreciate and thank you for your efforts. The problem is i live in India and you must be from USA so i read your post now since its morning here

18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Are you still having this issue?