Plunder Pirates Advertising

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Daddy P, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

While I have enjoyed some of the Kate Upton ads, this one goes too far.

[​IMG]

Midoki, please don't go down this route. :D

Of course you do already have a natural spokeswoman . . .

[​IMG]
    :cool:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Captain Didwell and Kelani like this.
  2. Tikigirl

Tikigirl First Mate

While I do not speak for all guilds and certainly not for all women playing Plunder Pirates, I am happy to report that in my guild anyway, the highly esteemed Atari Generation, we are lucky enough to have an absolutely adorable and brilliant @Captain Monkey playing the game, for which all of us are very thankful.
    While I would think not all of us play Plunder Pirates while wearing red underwear, it may have happened, although I am quite sure I never played while holding my phone in that position, which seems somewhat uncomfortable and unhelpful really.
    I am very thankful to be playing a game where there is strong female leadership from @Lynsey [Midoki] , so many amazing female players I can't even begin to name, and while I have been kind of annoyed by Labelle's sassy little walk and outhouse antics on my island, I see great progress for female characters in the improvements I have seen with Thief and hopefully Priestess, and of course Ching Shih.
    I know and have seen that not all women playing the game have been treated with respect, but in my time with Plunder Pirates I have seen and experienced great kindness and love, and have found lifelong friends, both male and female. It appears the idiots on here have been a small although at times annoyingly vocal group of trolls and stupidheads.
    And @Daddy P, you know what I have found to be one of the most wonderful things about playing online games? Since we can't see each other for the most part, and have no real idea of each others physical hotness,
    we get a chance to explore the sexiest and most gorgeous part of each other, our minds.

Strike, Christy and Kelani like this.
  3. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

This wasn't meant to be a sexist post at all.

4. Tikigirl

Tikigirl First Mate

I never thought it was! I keep up a bit on forum, and I think of you as absolutely one of the good guys, and someone I would probably be friends with in real life. I of course had to stand up for my good friend Monkey, although I know you meant her absolutely no disrespect, and for the gorgeousness of all people, except maybe the trolls. I welcomed the chance to discuss a bit the non-sexist attitude of Plunder Pirates, of which I think you are a champion.

Daddy P likes this.
  5. Tikigirl

Tikigirl First Mate

Thank you for removing the monkey cartoon.

6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I could see how that might have been misinterpreted. My point there was that men appear to comprise the overwhelming majority of the online gaming universe, and even the in-game women are often men posing as women. Hence the MALE monkey pic. :D

I totally agree with your post. We have a significant number of women in our RFF guilds, including our captain! Fantastic members. And they can be just as ruthless. Hence our captain's name, CutThroatChristy. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Strike and Christy like this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Now if we could only get rid of the cabin boy title ingame...

Christy and Sigrid like this.
  8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

What island are you on? Clearly it's our calves that are the sexiest and most gorgeous parts. Minds sminds :p

Christy likes this.
  9. Tikigirl

Tikigirl First Mate

Okay, calves then. And there are some other sexy and gorgeous parts, lol.

Christy likes this.