Port Doom - is it nasty?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Isles dT, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Isles dT

Isles dT Powder Monkey

My base just got smoked so I'm using some shield time to clear fights on the exploration map. Port Sunshine was awesome but Port Doom sounds less promising :p Can anyone who's been there tell me, is it beatable with a Tavern6 TH5 team?

2. Isles dT

Isles dT Powder Monkey

Half a crew does the trick - it helps to have buccs or brutes with Tower Takedown skill...

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Many of the strongholds are meant to be completed after you have finished exploring the map. They've been referred to as the endgame for the map. That being said, upgraded brutes, bucs, and guns are a huge help for Port Doom. Use 6 brutes and attack closest to both mortars(2 fronts). Good luck!

Kelani likes this.
  4. Isles dT

Isles dT Powder Monkey

Thanks beard! I did 100% with the first two attacks, but Port Doom part 3 gets a bit tricky: tons of mystic mines and looked like a half dozen mystic mortars. I'll go back there when I can bring a bigger plunder party & de-mystify the place a bit...

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah, under 50 housing space makes it really difficult.

6. PulverizerX11

PulverizerX11 Powder Monkey

Port doom is not hard. Levels 3 and 4 are hard, but you can at least two-star both of them.

I waited for a level 6 tavern and level 3 academy, then maxed out my gunners and brutes. You can do this at PH5.

Strategy:

This is a BG (Brutes, Gunners) attack.

Take 7 Brutes, 22 Gunners.

Deploy a Gunner in corners/hard to reach places.
    Then deploy all brutes onto the West coast. They will start destroying mystic mortars. If you see a flower box, use a gunner as a scout. When the western mystic mortars are destroyed, deploy all your gunners onto the East coast in a flatline, activating abilities. Hopefully you can get two stars.