Possible hack? Losing battles at >50% with PH up.

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Oppressed, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Oppressed

Oppressed Powder Monkey

This is the second time but I've had 100% losses with huge gold and rank drops even though the replay shows me winning the defense!

Check the photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

3. Oppressed

Oppressed Powder Monkey

But the problem isn't the replay. The problem is that it considered it a 100% loss.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Where it shows you 100% is still considered the log. The replay of the battle was incorrect. You were defeated 100% but it's not showing you how you lost, just how many units were used to defeat you

5. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Assuming this will be patched soon?

I never realized this till a couple days ago in game, and stumbled on a thread referring to the issue here.

It's pretty bad too. I retaliated on a guy and saw what I did. Watched the replay of it all, and it wasn't even close to what happened "in game". Over half the buildings in the replay were still standing but my army got wiped out.

Sure hope this gets fixed. Can't trust what you see in a replay when you get plundered. And here I was changing my base all around trying to get a better defense up.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

As they get more servers that can handle that much data we'll likely see this fixed. As of right now it is not a patch that has been mentioned recently.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

They haven't mentioned a patch, but have said that they are working on it. But as gangrene has mentioned, that may not come in the form of a patch.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I don't think this is something that can be "patched". The replays seem to be simplistic by design, and that ignored data is what causes the inconsistencies. "Fixing it" would probably require a major rewrite to collect a lot more data during a battle, and feed it into the replay generator.

Bear likes this.
  9. Days of coding and programing ....when they just can refer to log book it is god always right.

10. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Most of my replays are no longer "off". They aren't even remotely similar. I'd happily give up sky raiders and Xmas to see this working right. Fingers crossed...

11. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Well high server traffic is indirectly a good thing for everyone, even thou replays are hosed atm.

Maybe this has been mentioned already, but what about a practice mode that you can drop troops on your own base? A simulation type thing. I'd even be ok if you still had to spend the grog on your troops to do it. Might be a good resource sink when your stuffs nearly maxed.

I'd like to see that as I'm currently playing around with doorways in walls, where to place them and your defensive structures. I want to see how troops react.

What I'm trying to do is exploit the A.I. where they walk around my base ( like a maze)destroying useless structures(mines/distilleries) while they get nuked down within the maze type walls.

I hate upgrading them at this point, but we need more up it to 150 would be cool.

12. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Please, please Midoki, just say no to practise mode. Quit playing with your bases, get out there and fight! That's your practise mode.
    Am I the only one who sees an immediate problem to every base in the game being maximized to all conceivable attacks? An opponent only has 15 seconds to decide to attack and a few more to plan it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    .Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  13. Very valid point I'm sure midoki feels same way.

14. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

lol ok