Post-battle Damage Stats

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Skye, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

I thought I requested this before and was going to bump it, but couldn't find it.

I think it would be interesting, after a battle, to be able to see the damage done by each type of pirate/defense. For WD, it could show damage resisted.

Throughout the battle, every time a cannon shoots someone, a counter would increase with the amount of damage the cannon did, for example. When a mortar shell goes off, it would add the damage done to all pirates in the blast zone to a different counter. Every time a gunner shoots a building, the damage it did would be added to a gunner damage counter.

At the end of the battle, on the results screen, you could press a More Info button, and a page would pop up showing two split panes, that would be scrollable to show all the units in the battle, how much damage they did (with bars graphically representing the portion of the total), and the total damage across all units.

This is a rough mockup, of what I'm hoping for (obviously the final version will have all units deployed/all damage-dealing buildings, with the pane being scrollable to show all of them; also, forgive the poor quality, I'm not a graphic designer!)
    [​IMG]

Then you could see how much damage each troop/building did, and evaluate your combos (or for the defender, your layout) to see which things aren't pulling their weight.

Several other games I play have similar post-battle stats, and it helps you evaluate your mix of units or your defenses.

2. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

@Skye i am loving the mock up!

The exact details to be captured by the devolopers will be up for discussion but this is a great way to see what you attack and defences are doing.

Now the following is probably too much to ask for but if you could see the cumulative damage done on your island lay out over the course of let's say a week. You might move that canon as it has done almost no damage because nobody is attacking. Any way this might ever go... Great suggestion!