Potential to be a brilliant game.

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Ombit, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Ombit

Ombit Crew

Hi Chris and thanks for keeping us all informed about the server issues your team are having. I think the popularity of your game has taken you by surprise, but given the polished look of it, I am not surprised.

This does have the potential to be a fantastic game and one that will be far better than the market leader on this type, CoC. I for one am enjoying playing the game even though the frequent freezing and server maintenance are frustrating. I am definitely looking forward to playing the game problem free.

So that you've no time to rest when the server issues are fixed, I've noticed a few bugs that I think you should be aware of:

1. Player pieces getting bounced through walls when hit by mortars.
    2. After going on raids, returning only to find all my pirates waiting in the tavern, and no record of me being anywhere - no loot or anything.
    3. Same with the single player raids.
    4. Finishing a single player raid having got x amount of hooch, only when the result screen pops up, it shows as nothing won.
    5. After a raid (single or multiplayer) I arrive back at my base with a random 5 or so pirates in the tavern. I thought that once used they were gone?

Other than these, I'm enjoying playing the game between the server issues. Please keep up the work and thanks for creating what I know will be a great game.

Ombit

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for these suggestions, and also for the positive comments about the game as a whole. You're right, we certainly have been taken a little by surprise with the amount of players joining us, and right now getting the server issues fixed are our top priority!

Suggestions like these are always welcome, as is your continued support, so thanks again!

Ombit likes this.
  3. gringomat

gringomat Guest

Not only do you sell a non-working product, you also censor posts containing eligible criticism in your board. Seriously?!

4. Admin [Midoki]

As I explained it was removed because it contained swearing and that contravenes the guidelines of the forum

5. gringomat

gringomat Guest

okay, well again, good luck with your game

6. Ombit

Ombit Crew

Gringomat,

I accept your criticisms and don't agree with censoring either.

As for 'selling' non-working apps, I haven't paid a penny for this game yet, so can't honestly say I've been 'sold' anything.

A programme is only as good as its beta testers and their tenacity in picking out every glitch and problem they can find. From what I can see, only one of the bugs I've noticed can be put down exclusively to a bug, I think most of the problems are related solely to the overloading of the server.

Think of it this way - why did you download the app? Because it had cracking graphics? Looked like a new idea on CoC theme which, for me, is starting to get a bit dull? Whatever the reason, now think of 5 million people worldwide doing the same. I don't think the guys here anticipated how much the demand would be.

If you're going to criticise them on anything, it's just that - that they couldn't see the future. Hang slack, wait a day or two and then try again. I think you'll be hooked. Failing that, have fun with whatever gaming world you find.

7. Thank you so much for putting my thoughts down for me :)
    All the loading/getting kicked/instability issues are indeed server related. I hope more people understand that there is no way we could have tested the servers with the current amount of users -- no server load app ever mimics actual user behaviour.

The game has been globally out for just a moment now, and we assure the servers will be getting better during the week.

As for "censoring criticism"... We not only accept constructive feedback, but we invite it -- please do share your thoughts. However, as per forum rules and keeping in mind also children visit this site, cursing and other kind of bad behaviour will not be tolerated. If you wan to be taken seriously, please discuss seriously.

8. Ombit

Ombit Crew

Bugsy,

I'm glad you liked my reply. I get frustrated sometimes when people are so vociferous on issues which couldn't have been foreseen - think people complaint that their flight has been cancelled because of poor visibility - as if someone could have done something about it!

If I had paid for this game I'm sure my views would have been different, but I haven't so therefore have no reason for complaint.

I think that sometimes you need an outsider fighting your corner and I was glad to fill the roll.

As it happens, things look like they've settled down. Hopefully it's not because loads of people have 'jumped ship' (no pun intended).

Keep up the good work guys.

**edit - I hadn't noticed the bad language and so I don't believe you censored his post, but moderated it - this I fully understand and support.

Admin [Midoki] likes this.
  9. Admin [Midoki]

Thanks Ombit, glad to have you here!

10. anime

anime Powder Monkey

Just a thought, if the servers are overloading, why don't you stop accepting new players for the time being, put up a "FULL" sign

11. Admin [Midoki]

That's a fair enough suggestion and it is something we're looking alongside the server work. We're making some good progress today so hopefully it won't be necessary

anime likes this.
  12. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

That Wo
    That Would Be Awful Imagine You Just Downloaded The Game And Click The App And Wait For 10 Sec Just To See A Sign Saying FULL. I'm Not Trying To Be Harsh I Know Its Just A Suggestion But I Think That Would Be Awful

13. anime

anime Powder Monkey

yeah, that scenario WOULD be awful. What I meant was that the app can't be downloaded in the first place.

14. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

That's
    That's Even Awful

15. anime

anime Powder Monkey

arE yoU surE?

16. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

If It's On The $tore And It Can't be Downloaded Its Make no Sense

17. anime

anime Powder Monkey

yoU jusT answereD youR owN questioN, iF it'S in the apP storE..... figurE iT ouT, therE yoU gO.... comE oN maN, iT waS jusT A suggestioN.... someonE givE hiM the neW rocK

18. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

C'mon I Don't Wanna Start a Fight K

19. Admin [Midoki]

Calm down everyone one, calm down :)

20. Can't stand people who complain like little children, i mean, come on now, you're not the only player experiencing connection problems now, me too, every player too lol
    I really do hope that the server problems can be solved soon though.
    I understand that you guys need time to fix this problem, may i suggest that the game be stopped for a period of time by you guys, (specific time stated of course) for fixing this connection issue?
    Like close down the game (for a while, specific time stated, when it starts and stops, you guys fix the server problems, we players don't have to feel insecure about losing loot, win win lol