Preparation Time

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by White Wyvern, Sep 16, 2014.

1. I feel that the preparation time when heading in to a battle is quite hasty and overall deducts from the games actual strategy, I understand that it adds tension to your upcoming raid with the intense music alongside it but sometimes its hard to plan battles. Best Regards- White Wyvern

I hope this could be considered!

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

If you mean the time you get to look at a base before deciding whether or not to attack, then this is something we could possibly extend.

Don't worry, everything that is suggested here is always considered :)

3. Yeah thats what I meant, and thanks for considering the change! It's mainly for strategizing before the battle since when the timers out i then have to wait a few moments to plan my battle.

4. Stingy Tower

Stingy Tower Powder Monkey

I would also think a little more preparation time is needed. There's a lot of buildings to look at for each base. I have to look at the loot/medal#s, level of the defenses, position of resources, spin the camera around since some buildings won't be seen at that angle, just ugh... it's a pain with the short amount of time.

Or at the least remove the limited preparation time for AI bases/single player. I can technically scout the AI bases infinitely but only in 15 seconds(or whatever it is) intervals each. It's really annoying and unnessesary.

5. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

That's a fair enough suggestion. We are looking at the time given to scout a base before attacking, a few people have requested more time.

And yes, we could totally remove the count down timer from the single player bases. As you said, it's not necessary.

6. Natemz

Natemz Crew

30 seconds would be better. 15 sec doesnt give you enough time to investigate an island

7. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Glad I found this, I was about to start a thread on the exact same thing. Definitely need more time to efficiently scout a base and weigh the options. Trying trying to find all the defenses, rotating the map for better angles, figuring out your attack is hard to do in 15 seconds. Also, why do you lose rank for not deploying any troops after the initial 15 seconds are up? I think if you take extra time to scout but end up not doing anything, your rank shouldn't take a hit.

Ftyga likes this.
  8. Tim Martel

Tim Martel Crew

Even 30 seconds is too short IMO. It takes quite a bit of time to look at these bases since you have to zoom out, rotate, look at medal offers, loot offers. 15 seconds is absurdly short but I feel even 30 would be too short. Please make it considerably longer.

9. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

I like the 15 sec limit. It makes it more of a challenge when attacking bases.

10. i too would love to see 30 seconds or so. i find it difficult to pretend to be working and raiding at the same time with only 15 seconds. i often end up in battle without meaning to because work has unfortunately distracted me from my more important tasks (raiding for sweet sweet gold)

11. Walker D. Plank

Walker D. Plank Powder Monkey

As you progress in this game and begin to raid larger and larger bases, 15 seconds is far too short for a proper evaluation of whether or not to attack a base, especially with the GREAT feature of rotating a base around. I play a lot of other similar war games and they give you anywhere from 30-60 seconds to make an evaluation. I would highly encourage lengthening this time. Thanks!

12. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Agreed. This does become more and more of an issue as you progress. I'm now finding the time to be way too short.