Priestess's attack volume

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by C.Calamity, May 27, 2015.

1. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

hello people.

When in the busy heat of a battle, watching a million things at the same time, the only way I can tell when the priestess is close enough to a defence weapon to disable it, is to listen for the sound of her attack. BUT the relative volume of her attack is low and can be difficult to hear among all the gunshots/cannons/etc.

So... pls increase the relative volume of her attacks... just a little.

Cheers
    Gregory aka C.Calamity

2. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Interesting note...I have played the game with sound muted since the first day! And have never had much luck with Priestess. :p

3. Same here, usually play with sound muted. Might be interesting to have a visual or audio hint the Priestess is near defenses she can silence.

hidyhorum likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'd vote for a visual hint. I can't play with the audio on 90% of the time. Also never used a priestess. But maybe something float up above her head when she is near a defense.

5. Ian

Ian Commodore

I'm like most here, my volume is always OFF when I play so I didn't even know about this feature. Maybe the visual hint (as suggested by @Bear) could be that the defences in range would change colour or glow (similar to HG & Juggs)

Becker Redbeard and Bear like this.
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

Interesting I also play with audio off 90% of the time.
    Helps my focus.
    I haven't noticed this please elaborate or show a screenshot.

7. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

+1 for a indicator that priestess is near, I would prefer a colour change or something.

Whilst discussing abilities, shouldn't the priestess stun the flamegate? I just tried to with no luck?

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

I think the flame Gate counts as a trap. So she shouldn't stun it.

9. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

I think he means the flashing blue of Juggs' or HGs' special abilities.
    ...have the defensive units in range flash like them.

10. Captain Hakjka

Would be nice if she could, tactically make her more useful

11. But on the other hand.. When you use her more you will learn pretty quick how big the range is.
    It would be a handy feature, but not really that necessary IMO

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  12. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

How about and defenses in range get a visual queue?

13. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

That was the flashing blue that @Captain Hakjka implied above.

14. Jmababa

Jmababa Powder Monkey

This aint pc game where you can have audio on 100% of the time cause there is no left or right here if your using the unit's speaker it will only distract you unlike inpc there is left and right speakers

15. Captain Hakjka

I do use her regularly and I lose sight of her regularly too, which is why I +1 for an indicator.. Knowing her range means nothing if she is not where I thought she is - which is quite often lol.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  16. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

when there are 50+ pirates plundering the island, it can be very hard to keep track of her. More than a few times, I've triggered her skill only to discover that she's out of reach of the weapons. Wasted! Listening for when she first fires her weapon is the best indicator I've found of when she's within range of weapons.

Kelani likes this.
  17. That I can understand, I have the same with the WD although he has a big indicator right above him. And still I sometimes misstriger the "Raise the dead" skill

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

Maybe a seafoam green dome.

hidyhorum likes this.
  19. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestion I'll have a discussion about it with Lynsey over the next few days :)

Captain Hakjka and Bear like this.
  20. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

How about making her ability blink.

As a side note. They could totally remove this pirate and it wouldn't affect this game at all at this point. They need to make her useful. She dies way way to fast.