Problem with Forum actually.

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Skull King, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Skull King

Skull King Crew

When I bring up the Forum, I click HOME and then Recent Posts. Find a post I want to comment on, which requires me to login, so I do, but it takes me back to FORUMS. I click HOME again to get back to the thread I wanted to comment on, and I am then no longer logged in. Is this normal, am I doing it wrong? Thanks in advance for any help in the matter.

Skull King

2. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Yes, you are doing something wrong! Which browser are you using? or are you on mobile?

3. Skull King

Skull King Crew

Firefox ESR 31.4.0

Have not tried via iPhone or iPad.

4. Skull King

Skull King Crew

Just tried on iPad and I get the same issue. I log in, click the HOME tab and I am no longer logged in.

5. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Im not sure if you have already done this, but maybe click the "Stay logged in" box.

Kawika likes this.
  6. Kawika

Kawika Crew

Noticed that too on iPad. Will try checking stay logged in box and see if that helps.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Hitting home has always logged people out. Click "forum" instead. Also "plunder pirates" brings you to the same place.

Floki likes this.
  8. Skull King

Skull King Crew

That's my point Bear. Clicking HOME allows me to see Recent Posts. I do not see that in the Forums tab.

9. Skull King

Skull King Crew

Clicking HOME does nothing now, but yeah, clicked "stay logged in" and that did not help either. Tried different history and privacy settings in Firefox and that didn't help either. It is moot, I just liked that "recent posts" feature.

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

Guess I've never used that feature. Logs me out too on chrome.

An alternative would be to use the "new posts" feature which should show all new activity that you haven't read yet

11. Sounds like a cookie problem to me. Who stole the cookie jar?

Floki likes this.
  12. SaK

SaK First Mate

Had the problem with safari on ipad...now i browse in chrome

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Chrome on ipad/iphone and PC works great for me.

14. Floki

Floki Captain

The home button depending on forum set up will quite often take you to a place other than new posts..Forum new posts easy to do that which most I would say do.
    Home on another forum takes you to their front page and logs you out. Not even hit the home button here.