Problems with a rollback sometimes when i logout.

Discussion in 'Build Bugs' started by Nizno, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Nizno

Nizno Crew

Hello there,

Every now and then (like 10 out of 25 times) i have a little rollback when coming back online in PP.

for example: i login, with stable WiFi, attack > recruit pirates > upgrade a building > log off.

Next time i login, i dont have any pirates training and the buildings i upgraded, arent upgrading anymore.

Feels like sometimes my last 1 or 2 minutes of playing before i log off, dont get saved.

Really annoying sadly :( anyone else with this problem or how can i fix it?

Happens on my iPhone 6 and iPad air, both iOs 8.0.2.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We believe we have fixed this issue in the next update. In the meantime though, if you minimise the app twice it shouldn't happen. So minimise it the first time, then bring the app back to the foreground, and then minimise it again.

I can see how this is frustrating, but it's a solution for now, and is fixed properly in the update

3. Nizno

Nizno Crew

Thanks for your reply! :)

Do you have any information about when the update will be available for iOs?

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It's in Apple's hands now. The update was submitted last week, they take bit to review the update before releasing it. It should be any day now.

5. Nizno

Nizno Crew

Great! That is good to hear. Thanks!

6. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I'm not sure if the new update fixed the problems you were having but I'm guessing the client didn't get a chance to send everything you wanted done (train, upgrade) before you closed/minimised the app.
    I find the best way around it to make sure any changes are applied is to open the Explore The Seas map, which I'm guessing forces a sync to the server in order to see the map (as the load screen scrolls by). In slow / unreliable connection environments you have to wait a bit for the map to show up whilst things sync up.
    Then you can safely exit the app and know everything has been sent to the server.

7. Please let me know if you still experience rollbacks, this should be fixed on all OS versions now.

8. @Sir Bugsalot

Hi there,

I'm having a problem upgrading the Witch Doctors 6th skill, Second Chances.

I've twice started this upgrade, and both times it's somehow self cancelled. I've not quit the process and I haven't had half the Grog back (as you would expect if I had cancelled it).

I understand that a young game will have some issues, and I'm not demanding a fix or the grog back.

But if you could maybe investigate my file, you may be able to stop it happening to someone less patient. :)

Top game BTW.

Cheers guys,

### Please do not enter text below this line ###
    Player information:
    PlayerName: graargh
    PlayerRefId: Lr9Ktz/52bo=
    GuildName: Soulless Pirates

Sent from my iPad

9. Hey graargh,

We will check up on your account/situation asap! Sorry for the inconvenience, this sounds like connection problems though.. May I ask if you are on mobile or Wifi?

10. Both times this happened I was on wi-fi. Stable connection with no drop outs.

Although what I suspect went wrong, is that I started the upgrades prior to quitting the game. To mitigate against reoccurrence, I now start an upgrade, then go into the map, click a stronghold, cancel. Return to my island, check battle logs etc.

Basically I'm putting a few more operations that involve retrieving data from your servers between the start of an upgrade and quitting the game.

Thanks for looking into this for me tho. Much appreciated.