Progress bar

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Maxmillian, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Maxmillian

Maxmillian Powder Monkey

Any chance to add some kind of a progress bar on Welcome page and Explore the seas page? Many times I feel like the application is frozen, but it just takes a longer time to load.

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

That's definitely something we can have a look at. Can I ask what device you're running the game on?

3. Maxmillian

Maxmillian Powder Monkey

iPad Mini ... the Retina version. I am sure the internet connection plays a role in this, but see if you can think of something.

Cheers!

4. Admin [Midoki]

Yes the connection will definitely play a part, because whenever it is 'loading' it's checking the server for all the latest data. The longer this takes, the longer you can be waiting.

5. i think this would be nice, i'm never sure if the spinning skull is spinning towards the eventual load of my game or just spinning for the sake of spinning. a progress bar would give me better insight as to which outcome was most likely.

i'm sure others are like me and have very little patience for loading screens, since i don't know whether it will load, if it takes more than 5 seconds or so i've moved on to another app (yes i have some serious ADD).

6. Razor

Razor Crew

How about a sword or cutlass as the loading bar ;)

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

How about just coloring the dots in a clockwise pattern to signify progression?

8. Admin [Midoki]

The loading bar has been added and is in the next update

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  9. Maxmillian

Maxmillian Powder Monkey

Cool! Thanks!