Question regarding wind

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Gangrene Beard, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

We have a new unit and a new way to be attacked now. The Sky Raiders will be deployed in conjunction with direction of wind in order to have them land in the middle of the defenses, generally. This opens up my question; Are air speeds and directions constant for every attack on an island or is it randomly assigned at the start of each battle? I feel this is important to know because people may want to change their layouts based on the answer. Obviously there's no way for us to test this ourselves since we can't attack our own islands so I ask for @Chris [Midoki] to shed some light for us.

2. Did you see the video thread on the unit yet?

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I did, but this isn't a question anyone but devs can answer. The air speed seems variable but the direction could change, not during the attack but when the attack is generated.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Maybe @AngryBeard knows(I see you online right now :))

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Every time I look at my island, anyone's in my guild, or any replays of my battles, (and rotate the screen 45 degrees CCW, so I'm not looking at it at an angle) the wind is always blowing from the WSW, or about 8:00

6. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Currently the direction and speed are always the same. That doesn't mean it won't change in the future though so keep an eye on the flags :)

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  7. Thank you that clears it up.cheers mate:)

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Thanks @Chris [Midoki]