RACKHAMS REVENGE - Perks Always Funded, Pirates Donated Quickly & We Rumble Mon thru Fri

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Pirate Christian, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Lynsey - We're allowed ONE recruitment thread AND the Plunder Pirates Game (unlike Supercell games) does NOTHING to help promote guilds.

What CAN I do, to promote our guild and EFFECTIVELY build its membership without breaking the rules?

Rackhams Revenge has existed as a guild since October of last year and until I started promoting the guild on this forum we had only a handful of people join. Even then we've only picked up a paltry few new members.

Whereas, in Supercell's Boom Beach, the task force that I created earlier this year had no problem maxing out its membership at 50 without me having to create a single post on Supercell's forums promoting the task force.

Boom Beach actually promotes my task force in the game FOR ME.

I am extremely frustrated by the fact that growing guild membership in Plunder Pirates requires me to market the guild outside of the game. Yet, there are certain perks that cannot be utilized unless 4 members fund it, yet getting those four members to join our guild was a study in long suffering.

Give me an effective a way to build my guild without having to post on this forum at all. Supercell has figured out how to do that, when will Midoki follow suit?

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Powder Monkey

I did not interpret Lynsey's post to stay you could not promote your guild on the forum. I think she stated what many of us felt, that you were overzealous in your bumping of the thread. There are a great many guilds that promote their guilds on this forum, and most try to take turns allowing others a chance on the first page. Your thread was constantly bumping down others that were following decorum. Others would like an opportunity to be seen by members in search of a guild and grow their guild too. You are not the only person in this game trying to grow a guild.

3. Pirate Christian

I understand the issue and will exercise more decorum in the future.

My issue is the absurdity of having to promote my guild at all on this forum. As I've pointed out, I don't have to market my clan or task force in Supercell's games. This is a glaring weakness in Plunder Pirates that needs to be resolved.

4. Pirate Christian

When can we expect Plunder Pirates to provide IN GAME promotion of guilds so that players don't have to market their guilds in order to build membership?

5. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Powder Monkey

I personally like the fact members need promote and grow their own guild. It is more survival of the fittest. It the way of the sea, it's the pirate way. Live on... Pirate Life

6. Pirate Christian

Yeah but the problem is that some of us have a life and don't have the time to become guild marketers

7. Pirate Christian

I'll keep asking and hoping for a response. Are there any plans for Midoki to promote and market guilds within the game the way Supercell markets and promotes task forces and clans in their games.

Why does Plunder Pirates offer no assistance to the guilds for building their membership?

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We are looking at a system that improves which guilds are recommended to players seeking to join a new one, and also giving options that will help both guild leaders and guild seekers to filter search results (setting minimum pirate hall level, preferred language, etc). It's not going to be implemented for a while though, unfortunately, so until then I recommend following the advice you were given in the other thread.

9. Pirate Christian

Thank you for your answer. I am glad that Midoki is not only aware that this is a shortcoming in the game, but that they are working to resolve this weakness.

10. Pirate Christian

Guild Rumbles are coming!

11. Pirate Christian

Rackham's Revenge Won its First Rumble!

We defeated the guilds italian, AUSTRAILIAN, El Dream Team and Viet Nam Pirate

Boom!

12. Jmababa

Jmababa Powder Monkey

In this guild you will never need builders we always win rumble free gems every rumble

13. Pirate Christian

We're now undefeated with a 2 for 2 record and we're currently leading strong in our 3rd rumble.

14. Pirate Christian

That is now 3 wins and 0 loses for Rackhams Revenge.

That last rumble was EPIC! We found ourselves in a dog fight with Malaysia Sea and we barely eeked out the win.

15. Pirate Christian

And our undefeated record has now come to a close. We suffered our first loss to two guilds from China. They rocked our world.

16. Jmababa

Jmababa Powder Monkey

dont worry atleast our world rank goes up as we speak were rank 1003 now as we speak

17. Pirate Christian

is this thing on?

18. Pirate Christian

19. Pirate Christian

A pirates life for me

20. Pirate Christian

New Item: Lobby Midoki to change the AI on the Witchdoctor. New AI is AWFUL!