Random musings of a madman

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Gangrene Beard, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I had an idea of linking your in-game statistics and completed achievements to your forum page. This makes your achievements more public and brings another element to the game to separate it from, and rise above, the masses.

Also, the leaderboard should display the player and their guild's rank, even if it is past 100, they should show up just after 100. This will really help players know where they are and allow them to track their progress better.

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We have looked into this in the past, albeit briefly. It's something we could look at again in the future if there is enough demand. In the meantime however feel free to add your PP details to your signature :)

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

and what were your thoughts about the leaderboards?

4. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Yes, don't worry, it is something else we're looking to include in the future

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Cool. Thanks sir

6. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

That is an awesome idea!

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Thanks man I look at it this way; back when we first started playing video games it was just an honor to finish the game, but now we have trophies from PlayStation and achievements from Xbox 360 there's a lot more social aspect to actually completing the game 100%. I think by using a social aspect to with the achievements in the game we would increase the chance of the players who would try to get to 100% the game.

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

And then knowing your real position on the leaderboards will drive players like me to go farther

9. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

True. It would also be nice to have some statistics yourself so that you can see your own progress.

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

11. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Great idea. Love it.

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The thing to take away from all of this:

People Freaking Love Stats. Seriously. Lots and Lots of Stats. In Short, Add More Stats right Stat now!

Bear and Gangrene Beard like this.
  13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

This

14. Liquix

Liquix Crew

I couldn't agree more with the whole topic ;)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  15. Bear

Bear Commodore

Stats are like crack for gamers.

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Oh yeah....gotta love me some sweet stats - for reference, Bungie did an amazing job with providing stats