[READ FIRST] Pirate Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngryBeard, Nov 17, 2014.

1. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Welcome to the official Plunder Pirates forums! This forum is here to provide a friendly environment to discuss the game and all of its aspects with your fellow pirates. Please bear in mind that we have established Terms and Rules to ensure the integral tenets of this platform. Directly related to topics and constructive discussion, the following pirate code of conduct is meant as an agreement and guideline to be followed:

1. BE ON TOPIC

There is a good chance your question has been asked and your concern has been answered already! Take short moment to search the forums and orient yourself within the forum structure. Opening multiple threads certainly isn't the right way and so is starting threads in the wrong section. This also means that the General Discussion part isn't the only section of the forums to have an engaging conversation. Open your hitherto unanswered threads in the appropriate part and keep it free from spam, bumping and unrelated stuff.

1. BE FRIENDLY

There is a zero tolerance policy in regards of abusive and disrespectful behavior. It’s that easy, just be friendly or we’ll make you walk the plank faster than you can say “Yaaaaarrrrr!”.

1. BE APPROPRIATE

With many players in- and outside the game, it’s not only adults enjoying a round of plundering, there are kids here, too. Make this place a friendly hangout for each and everyone and thus keep your postings free from, explicit language, sexual content, gore and violence. Seriously, just use common sense. If you have to think twice about posting something, there is a good chance you shouldn’t!

Don’t forget to check the complete set of rules and conditions right here: CLICK ME FOR RULES!

Animalazzo, TBird, Arr and 8 others like this.
  2. Sigrid

Sigrid Crew

I joined the forum, like most people, to get answers to questions and dilemmas about the game. Soon I got caught up in comments and, while normally being a positive and supportive person, I stated an opinion, only to be rudely lambasted by another member and accused of 'not respecting another's opinons." It did shock me regarding what I was doing, i.e. getting involved in something that is a waste of time and emotion. I have watched this forum morph from a constructive information source to a place of nasty comments and an apparent release of negative emotions. Is this normal for a game forum? Probably so. As for me, I will no longer participate. I will peek in, to find an answer to a question, but will avoid comment at all cost except, perhaps, to give some support to an idea that would benefit my guild.

Salty Snack likes this.
  3. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I totally understand. But, it is the mature and constructive members that will save the forum. If all the good ones left, alls we would have would be trolls. Don't let them take over! (And use the ignore button).

Salty Snack and Ian like this.
  4. JT07

JT07 Crew

Although I'm new to the forum but I have been playing PP since launch. Made a couple of posts here but received certain remarks that was uncalled. I do not believe any of my posts was rude to anyone. Personally felt these will stop new members from posting.

5. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I'm a forum regular and would think it only fair to express my own personal satisfaction with the decisions the MODs make. Please take the time to review the forum Guidelines. Maybe it will answer some of your concerns.

TiGeR

6. Captain Blackbobbit

Captain Blackbobbit Powder Monkey

Here, here. Join London Pride, we're the upmost of respectability, London Pride!

7. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Please start your own recruitment thread - rather than spamming other threads. :)

Respectfully,
    Peg-Brain

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I took care of it :)

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.