Regenerating Strongholds

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by sir_adb, Oct 5, 2014.

1. sir_adb

sir_adb Powder Monkey

It would be nice if the pirate villages and strongholds regenerated gold and grog so you could attack them more than once to clear them out.

I don't think they should regenerate resources quite as fast as player bases, but maybe something like once a week they'd regenerate. The annoying kraken and ships come back after you kill them, how about the strongholds too?

2. I agree would be a reliable resource that still has the challenge!

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I just had an idea - what about after uncovering all areas of the map, each stronghold regenerates and is scaled to your level?

4. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We are looking into the possibility of fighting the single player forts over time to allow players to gain 3 star victories if they missed them the first time

5. I think having them regenerate once a week would be a good idea. It would be something else to do while under shield. Maybe scale back some of the available loot each time they are defeated.

6. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Yes that's not a bad suggestion. There's also the fact you can defeat a fort without stealing all the resource either, so they could potentially stay around until both a 3 star victory has been had and all the resources drained. Either way, it is something we'll investigate.

Bear and Gangrene Beard like this.
  7. I like the regenerating resources as another source of revenue. It can be easily abused once people have strong enough troops to smash the strongholds, but I think scaling the loot back each time would offset that.

8. Winner

Winner Powder Monkey

Regenerating is good for us players, but its depend on developer wants to stay at player/customers side (customer relationship) or their own side (get more player to buy diamonds/gems). And to keep platers to stay and long life for this game I think developers need creat new maps after player finish current map. Hope Revio in Finland is a active developer team not as many US and Chinese developer just think about making money from diamond/gems purchase.

9. Chris said a little while back that they are looking into making different maps to explore so hopefully we will see that in a future update.

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

I love the idea of having different maps. If you clear one. You could purchase another with EP.

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Purchasing with EP is ok, as long as it doesn't cost a fortune :)

12. Bear

Bear Commodore

I wan't it to be cheap as much as the next guy. Trust me. But if we want to be realistic, maps were a precious commodity to pirates. They had to be hand drawn and accurate. Often times maps to particular places would be bought at high prices and necessary to have before planning any expedition. So it seems more realistic that there be "SOME" cost. But yea.. don't make me pay 10k EP or something like that. Maybe the first new map is 1k EP.. then 3k for the next one. And each map could have less and less "shallow water" so the exploration times increase with each map too. As well as base difficulty and monster type/difficulty/frequency.

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Agree entirely

Bear likes this.
  14. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

I am sitting on 90k EP right now! I could really use a way to dump some of it. I was thinking something like purchasing treasure maps of places currently on the map that you would have to sail to and "dig" out the treasure over time.

15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

90k? I'm not even mad. That's darn impressive. Now if only you could dump them on a bed and roll around in them

16. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

That is a very good idea, now …. wait waaa? 90k?? :D I'm sitting on 8k atm, trying to get to 20k for the last lighthouse lvl.

17. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Right!? It's just impressive.

18. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

Wish I could turn some into BP right about now....

19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Genius idea - an exchange program, obviously it wouldn't be 1:1 as to deter from cheating the system but maybe a 3:1 exchange rate? Thoughts @AngryBeard

20. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

Wait! How about using EP to reset a stronghold! Different EP depending on which one you want to reset, or discount for a reset all!

Kelani likes this.