Rename your pirate

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Gangrene Beard, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

a few of my guilders mentioned that they would be interested in changing their pirate's name. The suggestion was that it should be an option that costs gems and each time costs MORE gems in order to prevent excessive name changing.

Thoughts @AngryBeard ?

2. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Not much that I can say about that besides that I agree. If I remember correctly Chris hinted that this might be an option for a future update, however nothing that will be considered in the very near future. For now: CHOSE WISELY!!!

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Oh - I'm not changing at all, but for those that will, absolutely

4. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Chris did hint at it, but for a variety of reasons this could be a disaster. Especially if there is no limit to the changes...

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

That's why the people in my guild suggested a gem cost that gets higher and higher

6. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I suppose, but some people spent 4k on Gems...I think it could strengthen the gemmers even more, but I could be wrong. I often am, according to my wife.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

According to my wife as well. Given the tone of @AngryBeard 's reply I'm going to guess there's only one chance to change

8. Kit

Kit First Mate

They gotta give us ONE chance to change it. It's all I ask for. :)

9. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

One chance works for me too...I am good with this name, but I understand.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Aw, be generous and make it a two-change limit. What if the person typoes their one change?

Besides, it'd be nice to test out Kel-Haul and go back to my old name once the novelty wore off. :)

11. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Lol ok ok, I just know this could be abused easily.

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Oh, absolutely. I can't think of a single game that's ever benefitted from unlimited name changes. :)