Request: Please make fixing the replays you Priority #1 Midoki, before anything else.

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by SRT-Frostbite, Mar 24, 2015.

1. SRT-Frostbite

SRT-Frostbite Powder Monkey

Hi.
    As stated in the topic, I think fixing replays should be Priority #1 for Midoki, before any other change or patch or new content.
    Replays can be very important tools in assessing one's problems and mistakes, either in attack or defense. The entire guild can help a newbie to improve him/herself just by watching his/her replays. However, they are currently very broken and completely unreliable, and thus serve no purpose other than knowing how much you lost/gained in the last few games and boasting in the guild chat. Both of which can even be more easily done by simple, non interactive reports.
    I humbly ask that Midoki fix the replays as soon as possible.
    Thanks.

Sneaky Pete and Kelani like this.
  2. I agree with you completly, it would be very nice to know that replays are 100% accurate.
    But I still would like to point out the following.

IMO the most important data is where troops where dropped and when. And this information is always accurate!
    The inaccuracy is because of the AI doing something slightly different when they are attacking.

But this information can tell you where the enemy thinks your weakspots are. And this information is also very useable.
    Just my 2 cents

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. I definitely think replays are a high priority. I don't know if I would put them 1st, but they are definitely top 5.

4. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I suspect with Android there will come many different device specifications which with make replays less reliable. I hope not, but it seems likely.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think the only way replays are going to ever be close to accurate is if they start tracking and recording coordinates for every deployed troop. Perhaps once ever 1-2 seconds, and using that in the replay to steer any errant troops back on track. Unfortunately, that'll make them larger, which will require more storage, etc...