[Resolved] (Now contains info on how the Flame Gate works)

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by c00ni, Feb 22, 2015.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I got attacked twice within a few minutes without re-entering Plunder Pirates to re-arm my Flame Gate. Both attacks activated the Flame Gate at the front of my base.

This appears to be a different issue to the persistent flames bug as the flames aren't visible elsewhere/permanently; they come and go according to pirate movement over the Flame Gate.

However, the Flame Gate appears to stop working mid way through the second attack when the revived pirates and Gunners cross it.

Here are both attack replays one after another:

2. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Oh I get it now.
    The problem is just that I didn't understand the re-arm mechanic.
    After seeing a Flame Gate only very briefly get triggered in an attack, I saw this:
    [​IMG]
    And now it makes sense to me. The Flame Gate has an amount of time it will burn for before being exhausted. In my original post, the Flame Gate was maybe ~70% used up in the first attack and that is why only a short burn was left available for the second attack. The longer it's left burning the more the re-arm cost (in this case very low).

I think rather than deleting this, maybe one of the mods can move this thread to General or Strategy?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  3. Moved to battle strategies.
    Good catch there!

4. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

It does appear that the gate still suffers from a programming bug. I had flames show up behind a new GRound Pounder during the update of my first Gate. I also detected some weird movement on the right side of 2 builder huts that pulsates on/off. This went away after the update was complete, but my 2nd FG update caused Flames to dispplay in front of my new PH8 and Guild Hall. It looked really cool and was only temporary.

No idea if these happenings are from updating the FG or somthing else.

TiGeR

5. c00ni

c00ni First Mate