Resource disproportion in storages

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Barbed, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

It meets on occasion - when I attack base, some resource storages/mines can store zeros or so while the others can hold a number of the same res. Sometimes there is an obvious disproportion in resource storages. You can find two equal mines and one of them can be full and the other can be empty. Meantime I expect two equal parts of the res, am I wrong?

2. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

If I drank tons of grog on a daily basis I would put everything in the closest storage container. Call me lazy.....

Also if you haven't noticed there is a graphic that displays on Gold/Grog storage containers that will tell you how full they are

Gold has a graphic that makes the lid on the container open up the more there is in it. Grog has 1 side showing more barrels the fuller it gets.

A seasoned pirate will look for this in the 15 seconds before the battle starts and send troops/attack appropriately.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  3. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Not so fast please, I'm making notes: "lazy CPU puts resources to the closest storage..." ))

4. During the 15 seconds before the attack this graphic doesn't show. It only shows when you visit someone's base. So only when you revange someone you can take a peak at how much they are storing.
    Oh and also loot is always evenly distributed over the storages. Mines are a different story as someone can "empty" some mines while not emptying other mines. That would mean certain mines would be full and other empty during the fight.

5. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

The problem is that you can find not only mines but even gold/grog storages with not equal parts. I don't know if they are filled differently or I drained them falsely differently while attack...

6. The only time that is possible is when the storages are different levels. Take a look at your own storages and see for yourself that the gold/grog is evenly distributed.

7. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Gotcha, but I'm afraid I've seen one of them empty and the other with some number, I'll try to take screenshots next time.

8. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Wish I would have taken a pic when I had 4.5 mill between the 3 gold storages. They werent even at all. 2 ofim where almost full showing the lid open and gold rays coming out, the 3rd was completely closed. Clicking on them for the actual amounts justified what I was seeing in the graphic.

Looked at gold and grog just now and my gold is even down to the last gold piece between the 3. Grog isnt thou its over a 20k diff between all 3. But I dont have much atm.

I know this happens to others too cause when I plunder them and they have say 300k grog with 3 grog storages and I only destroy 2 the amount I receive is never devisable by 3 and equal to what I destroyed. Sometimes its less and sometimes more.

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Also keep in mind that the equal split is likely percentage based, so if you have different leveled storages some many be more full than others

10. @Chris [Midoki] Aren't resources evenly distributed between the storages?

11. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

When you tap on the mines the resource is evenly distributed. However when your island is raided you lose resource from the specific storage that is attacked and this imbalance remains even after your island rebuilds.

The only way to have them all level again is to max out their capacity

12. Thanks for the clarification