Resources or pirate rank?

Discussion in 'General Strategies' started by Syun, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Syun

Syun Crew

Which do you usually prioritize when attacking. I believe the resources is better, no? So you can build everything faster.. Usually i deploy brutes then gunners to destroy resources.

2. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

Rank Then Resources ca use the Hughes the rank the More booty you Will get

3. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

Higher not Hughes

4. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

I will do a mixture of both. Resources are needed to keep buildings going, but as stated above, more loot higher up.

5. Syun

Syun Crew

I'm thinking of just keeping rank to 50 or so alternate looting and ph when i dont see 30k+ resources to plunder.

6. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

I'm at 270 and there's like a maximum of 20.000 loot - 1.000.000 loot

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

If you have a PH4 or below, I'd recommend trying to get to 200 rank quickly so you can get gems for a 3rd builder, then dropping back to the 130-160 rank by plundering and losing. Even with a maxed academy, Above 180-200 it is nearly impossible to find any towns that won't blow you to kibble within seconds.

8. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Good idea! I will do that, going to PH4 atm.

9. You have to do both alternately. Resources are needed for major upgrades such as pirate hall, academy, tavern etc. So, go for resources first. When you have started the upgrade and spent the resources you gathered, you have free time at hand (because upgrades take many hours/days). In this time, you can try to recover your rank. In any case, the amount you can plunder doesn't change much. With higher rank, you get opponents who have large stash of gold & grog. But their defenses are stronger as well. So you end up getting the same amount of plunder. And your probability of winning reduces as well.

There are many people who intentionally drop their rank so that they get easier opponents. But I don't do that. I'm a bit conscious about rank and prestige and such superficial (?) things.

10. BlizZaRd MoDz

BlizZaRd MoDz Powder Monkey

Your main aim is resources but try to get 50% so you can win whenever you can therefore you can have both ;)

11. Keep at a stable rank where you can earn Resources suitable for your objectives, Loot should definately be prioritised I.M.O!

12. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Same. Always loot, unless you are fully maxed.

13. Zeuticus

Zeuticus Crew

This game definitely punishes you for having a high rank:
    You get attacked by stronger players and lose resources.
    It takes painfully long to recruit armies capable of attacking stronger players.

Hopefully that will eventually be fixed to reward higher ranked players. Until then I'm having fun sending small armies at weaker players, going after resources and then surrendering or finishing when I've plundered all I want. While I'm fighting my battles I'm also recruiting new troops since my tavern isn't filled.

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No kidding. This invasion system needs some tweaking. Set a limit, 4 raids max or increase the shield time after failed raids. Every night, I'm raided 4-8 times, and they always lose. Seriously, nobody's ever gotten above 40%. But even with 20% max plunder, so many raids still means I'm broke in the morning.

The next day, my rank is so inflated, I can't find anyone to raid who won't squash me in under 10 seconds. Victory of any kind is impossible, even plundering the mines on the outskirts of their towns is usually a spectacular failure. Keep in mind, everything in my town is maxed, so my poor deploying skills aren't a factor. Here, anyway. :)

So, I naturally lose rank throughout the day, and finally get back down to a sane level just in time to call it a day. I leave, the raid start, and the process repeats all over again.

Kit likes this.
  15. Kit

Kit First Mate

Rinse and repeat. Yup, exactly what happens to me too. :(

16. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

Wait, if everything in your town is maxed, why do you need resources...?

17. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Time to do PH at that point

18. Zeuticus

Zeuticus Crew

You can lower your rank pretty easily before going to bead. Just keep attacking a pirate stronghold and surrendering without losing any troops until your rank is low enough that you feel safe going to sleep.

It's possible some others with self-lowered ranks will find you and attack you, but if you have good defenses they're probably going to hit "next" and find an easier opponent.

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Neckbeard: Like Gangrene Beard said, to buy the next PH.
    Zeuticus: Great tip on the surrendering. I hadn't considered that approach.

Don't get me wrong, I love that my town (I call it Frankentown) is designed to be so confusing that nobody can figure out how to attack it, but the rank boost just isn't ideal for me at this stage. However, if you want a nice rank gains while sleeping, I highly recommend it.

20. MAS

MAS Crew

High rank until I get a high gem end out clown I can just spam assassins and loot the fack out of all there sources