Retreat button

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by DamianWars, Jan 22, 2015.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

All good battles need the option to retreat should all hope fail. It would be pretty simple, just a button that says retreat and when pressed all the pirates abounded the battle and try and save their hide.

Hitting retreat will enter an instant count down where all pirates stop what they are doing and try and swim off screen. The count down timer would be fine tuned so that it would be impossible for some pirates to get out if they were to start too far away or too walled in but even still they will try. The ones that make it can fight another day and the others perish. A retreat is an instant loss regardless how much has been destoryed. The loss amount could be a sent number like -10 or -20 for each time. Since retreating will put your back to your enemy all pirates have lowered health so if they are shot down they stay down. Also since the focus is getting out as fast as possible they have increase speed. All pirate abilities are deactivated and the battle timer trumps the retreat timer so you can't just hit retreat at the last second to save your men. The resurrected skeletons will also stop what they are doing and retreat but they cannot be saved.

2. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Wouldn't that encourage players to simply throw the kitchen sink at every opponent. Knowing they hadn't really used them until the attack was over? Seems to me that takes a great deal of the strategy out of PP
    Just my immediate thoughts

ElGordo likes this.
  3. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Not a good idea,
    'cause I don't like this insurance thinking.

If all hope fail, something went wrong.
    Everybody has 30 sec. to check the base,
    everybody can hit the surrender button,
    sometimes the AI likes you, sometimes not.

Btw, even if you make 3 star, all used pirates go to nirwana.
    So make the best of the 3 minutes and
    if Shit happens do it better next time.

My2cents

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  4. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

IMO Retreat option ought to make the attacking player lose all the loot he gained from the island prior to pressing 'retreat', in addition to PR.

5. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I could see the use of this, but only if it can be used in the first minute or so of battle. Where early on you see it isn't going to go well and retreat. But definitely not allowed after 1:30 or so. Counts as a loss and

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  6. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Good call :)