Revenge and Shield

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Sigil, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Sigil

Sigil Powder Monkey

If one chooses to cancel their shield to "revenge", the shield should not cancel if the revenge is not available. Additionally, waiting for someone to "rebuild" and then have something to plunder can take a while. So, they should stay on the menu longer.

I do not object to the rule. I just think that being warned about losing your shield if you attack is odd if the game knows that the player can't be attacked. I broke my shield to attack someone, who could not be attacked. It is almost likely paying the coin for pvp, choosing a player to attack and then being told that the player can't be attacked. Losing your shield to revenge is different than losing your shield to possibly revenge.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. I made a rule for myself: Never break your shield for a revenge. Only for normal attacks. But when the shield is off you can always try to revenge.
    I think it's a fair thing it breaks your shield..

3. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Depends on the loot at stake, but mostly my time. If I have a few hours where I can play and be on constantly with an objective I will break a shield. If it is for revenge, they better have a TON of resources (open chests, and full barrels in the Grog storage)...

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Besides, better to use the shield time to plan your revenge than to attack half-cocked.

5. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

I believe that, similarly to attacking the strongholds, a player's shield should not be broken when revenging a previous assailant.

This would be a nice way to spend time while under shield and still maintain potential lucrative gameplay when all the strongholds are defeated.

6. Burnz

Burnz Captain

This is a great idea. Hopefully it will get implemented.

7. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I agree with Sigil. I don't think it's ok when you break shield to revenge, and then find out you can't revenge, that you now have a broken shield.
    However, if you break shield and can go through with your revenge attack, it's fair that you are no longer shielded...as much as we'd all like freebies...

8. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I was trying to find the thread about ‘ “unable to revenge”s breaking your shield’ being fixed.
    That is correct isn’t it? It was fixed so that if you try to revenge and can’t because they are online or shielded, you don’t lose your shield...I ask because some players say they are losing their shield attempting a revenge that doesn’t work because the other player is online or under shield.

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  9. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

That's how I remember it being "fixed".