Revenge Bug: Winner gets 0 Rank Points when rank difference exceeds match range.

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Kelani, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yesterday, I was ranked around 400, and I attacked a guy in the high 300s. Shortly afterward, I dropped rank to 150. Last night he revenged me. As seen in the image below (most recent battle), he was ranked 367 at the time, and I was ranked 172. Despite me winning the battle, I got 0 rank points for it.

Problem: Apparently, when you are attacked by someone outside the set range for matches (+/-50 points?), the game does not know how to handle it, and the award defaults to 0 points. In this case, a higher rank attacking a lower rank triggered it, but I'd suspect the opposite is also true.

Fix: Add a check for this. If the game detects that a player is higher than another player's match range, award what he would have gotten, had he been attacked by the highest rank he could be matched against. If the player is lower, set the award to the lowest rank in his match range.

[​IMG]

2. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

You did not win that defence Kel. Had you been even in PR you would have lost some.

It was a 27%, one star victory for him. Guessing he got your PH. Since he is so much higher ranked he gets nothing, you lose nothing. That's how it should work.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    Kelani likes this.
  3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Ah, nice catch! I got confused from seeing my 27% win right below that one. I agree with you, but still think any won attack should give something. Even if it's just one point.

Just to rule it out, has anyone experienced the reverse of this? (Being revenged by a much lower ranked player). If so, and the lower ranked guy his points, let me know, and i'll cancel the bug repotrt.

4. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Yes, if you drop, revenge, and win you get max points. 24 I think. I may have made an enemy or two that way.

5. When I was dumping rank to farm for bp, I would surrender to red legs. When I was really high, It would take 20-21 from me. I got zero the one time I WAS high rank and totalled him to get grog