Rumble Matchmaking Confusion

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by centricORCHID, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Ok, so both of our lower guilds are surely being mismatched in rumbles.

I was of the understanding that guilds are matched by their average pirate hall level and as close to size of guild as able??

If that being the case, how come our lower guilds - AtlantisOutlaws3 which are for ph5-7 (with one ph8) are being matched with guilds having at least 10 members who are PH9 for example???

The new rumble scoring system makes it completely unbalanced in this case to rumble competitively against these guild make ups.

This is example of their latest rumble, where all guilds in their rumble match have over 10 ph9 members...AO3 is majority PH6

[​IMG]

So @Lynsey [Midoki] , can you please explain how these lower guilds can be more evenly matched in rumbles? How can they improve their chances to getting a more balanced rumble so they can actually compete effectively?

2. awbo

awbo Captain

Our guild has 30-35 members, 7-10 PH9s (including rumble visitors) with other PH levels down to PH4 and we are regularly matched with full guilds with all PH9s. It's very mismatched. We wait usually 30-45 mins for matching, so I guess the matching has significantly widened after not finding any equivalent guilds first up. It's very difficult for guilds with 25-30 players, or full guilds with a wide range of PHs or both to find an even match.

3. Yes, I think the new scoring system itself is great! Makes sense to get higher pp points as you upgrade through the different ph levels.

For new players to the game tho, or even those still in the mid ranges, they really don't have much of a chance against guilds with active ph9 players. I would say that demotivates new players to compete in rumbling when constantly mismatched. The rewards are great incentives at those levels and really get players into actively attacking and upgrading. Without a fair matching system, it wouldn't take long before players get disheartened and find another game. Sure there is streaking for them but most players I know enjoy this feature while rumbling competitively. Not to mention, guilds are more social and active during rumbles.

You would think that having guilds for new players to grow with others around similar levels would have more even matches. Perhaps, if they are getting these mismatches with higher ph players there is a shortage of lower ph guilds now across the player base? Perhaps a decrease in new people playing game now?

4. Interesting question about the new player base. If it is decreasing or increasing but we will never know. Only the Developers know and hopefully they are reading this. With needing more new players they need to make incentives for new players and the question you are talking about of matching seems to try and match with guilds similar size and pirate hall profile. I don't think that they can always match accordingly and eventually match with who ever wants to rumble. Its a shame because our lower guilds are active but keeping them motivated is a struggle at times. Hopefully with the new update and clash of clans having problems we will get new players to the game.

5. Colonel Forbin

Colonel Forbin Powder Monkey

I have posted on this before. Rumble matchups have always been an issue in this game. Very frustrating knowing five minutes into a rumble that your guild is going to loose by 100k. Rumbles based on a guilds average or top rumble score much more competitive.