Rumble point system needs serious work

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Rotten Kevy, Sep 11, 2015.

1. This seems to be the number one complaint about the rumbles. They are being ruined by guilds with lots of lower-level players, who can reload their ships and attack within minutes. And if they attack a player of a similar low level they get 20 BP. Meanwhile, the higher players take more like an hour to reload their ships, and they still only get 20 BP for fighting a player of a similar level.

Here is my suggestion, and I know others have suggested the same as well, but Midoki needs to hear this: STOP using BP as your measure of rumble points. BP could be the starting point, but then multiplied by some factor that would be related to the strength of the base that you attacked. Stronger bases should be worth more points. Why should a level 3 base get someone the exact same points as a level 9 base?? It makes no sense!

That would put everyone on the same footing, and then people could get about the same number of points per hour, no matter what their level. The lower-level players would get less points for battle, but they can do more battles per hour. The higher-level players would do less battles but each would be worth more. That would be FAIR. And it would not be difficult to implement.

What we have now is just unacceptable. My guild, which has many high-level players who have worked hard to upgrade your bases for many months now, just got beat again by yet another pipsqueak guild with a lot of low-level players. It is very disheartening! I personally am sick to death of it. And I know a lot of high-level players have quit the game because of it. Come on, Midoki! This is a no-brainer. Please fix this, before even more people leave. I love this game, and I would hate to see it ruined.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  2. Skye

Skye Commodore

Midoki has already confirmed they're working on a new point system for rumbles. No idea when it will be implemented, but it is currently in the works.

For now, if you limit your guild to only PH7-9, you won't find any minis, so if you keep getting matched against them, consider setting a minimum level requirement of PH7.

3. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

When the point system gets changed, do you really think it will be better? (I'm sure you are thinking, how could it be worse, right?). Well, if it goes and swings the other way so that PH9's get the most bp from rumbles, then there will be even more guilds with requirements like "Must have PH9, Academy 8, all troops maxed, all perks, (and be willing to throw down cash)". I guess it would make sense for the guilds with 6 sub-guilds to then have a guild for each PH level.

So how do new players come in, join in late, and get into the game?

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

There are plenty of guilds that don't care about always winning rumbles, for casual players, that seem happy to take any new active player that joins. I doubt changing scoring will change that, since their playstyle probably won't change.

Guilds that want to be competitive will probably be a bit more restrictive, but anyone that's focused on hardcore endgame play probably wouldn't be a good fit for a new member anyways.

5. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

posted this in the other similar thread:

heres a really easy fix:

1. give more BP for higher lvl PH and even more BP the higher the PR. (tada mini fix) (BP could be rewarded based on the total ammount of DPS and Health a base has. making a maxed out PH9 worth attacking)
    2. allow a CAPT to que up for a rumble ahead of time, then start EVERY rumble at the SAME TIME. this way the game consideres ALL guilds. can't tell you how many times my guild faces the EXACT same team because the CAPT starts the rumble at the most convenient time for him. 24hr rumbles so it doesn't matter when they start if the CAPT doesnt have to get on and wait for the rumble.

^^ seems so obvious midoki ^^

6. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Hopefully the points will be based on number of 'possible' attacks (taking account of recruitment time of all PH levels) - this way gemmers will still have an advantage (which they should) but all PHs have a level playing field.

7. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

I think the more viable way to fix is, like I said in another thread, to give bases points according to how developed that base is, forget the PH lv, a base that just upg their PH to 9 cannot give you the same points as a totally maxed out PH9 base, or a PH2 for that effect, this way you will push those "minis" accounts to develop their bases and not just stay at certain lv, if you want more points then put up the time and effort that many of us has had and develop your base, wich is the purpose of this game, to keep advancing, going forward not staying stagnant.

8. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

2 comments up ^
    "BP could be rewarded based on the total ammount of DPS and Health a base has. making a maxed out PH9 worth attacking"

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

A suggestion made in another thread is to give the game a levelling system, where as you upgrade your base, you gain xp for every upgrade levelling the player up. Then harder bases will have a higher player level, and you could base scoring off of that.

pkrhett likes this.
  10. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

As this has been an ongoing complaint for a long time now, and Midoki has made it a priority, I strongly suspect any new scoring system has already been established, coded and is currently undergoing testing. If not completed and already in the hands of the QA department :eek:. Sorry Midoki, we love you guys, but the QA department is another creature all together. We question whether you guys at Midoki have ever actually seen the Rovio QA department. For all you know, it could be manned by alien life forms posing as software engineers to disrupt our gaming enjoyment while stealing our technology for them send back to their home world.

11. Fil

Fil Captain

I don't remember them ever saying EXACTLY what QA stood for. We know what its SUPPOSED to stand for but....

Quipping Armadillos

12. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

For anyone interested - Midoki actually say who they use for QA in the credits section in game :eek: (can't remember the company names of the top of my head) ;)

13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I believe they use Rovio. But what floored me, someone actually read the credits :eek:

Fil and peg-brain bob like this.
  14. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I checked 'em months ago to see if QA companies were admitted to... I was astounded to find them listed! :eek:

And yeah I am a geek! :D:p

Fil likes this.
  15. So, what are we supposed to do -- just boot all our low-level players? No, I'm sorry, I know you're just trying to help, but that is really not a realistic fix. If you're just starting up a brand new guild, then maybe you could do that. But we like to bring in new people, show them the ropes, help them grow fast, etc. Isn't that what guilds are supposed to be for? I don't see why we would have to give that up just because the rumble point system is screwed up.

Skye likes this.
  16. Hmmm.... maybe not as obvious as you think...

Your suggestion #1 is not so different from what I originally said, and what juggernaut said -- and probably what about a thousand other people are saying! LOL Make the points match the base's toughness in some realistic way. Not just the difference between your level and theirs (or whatever they are currently doing -- its not so obvious to me).

As for #2... I'm really not sure of the advantage of that. You might think it sounds obvious. I don't. And I am not even sure it would help. But who knows?...

17. Skye

Skye Commodore

I understand it isn't a realistic fix for many guilds. You could limit new members and set some sort of progress deadline for previous members. You shouldn't have to, but its the only temporary solution they have until introducing the new point system. If you can't do it, then things might be kind of rough until the new scoring system comes out (soon hopefully!) but they already are addressing it in a better manner, and its just a matter of waiting for that new system to come out :)

SitFlyer_ likes this.
  18. Yep. That's what I thought -- just keep waiting for the upgrade to fix all our problems. (Sounds like the same solution they suggest for problems with Windows... LOL)

19. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

the reason for 2 is because in many rumbles 1 guild has 50 members and makes 10k BP, while the 5th place guild has 3 members and gets 150bp. it would be great if the game had all guilds to consider, and paired 5 10k guilds with each other and 5 <1k guilds together. making the rumbles more even and fair. it's just not possible if rumbles are started whenever and can only use the available searching guilds