Rumbles rewards

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Captain Jack, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Powder Monkey

Our Guild is falling out a bit cos some members don't rumble and get rewarded at the end of one due to those that go raiding, so only reward those that are active, would mean less annoyed members and maybe push the others to join in and help more.

2. Christy

Christy Commodore

Or kick out the inactive members if they are not contributing on a regular basis and replacing with more active members. It's one thing to be on vacation or busy for a specific reason or amount of time but constantly reaping the rewards without any effort isn't right. If a player can find the time to log in for those rewards then there should be no reason to not be able to fight at least one battle to help out the team :)

Fulcrum and Ian like this.
  3. Skye

Skye Commodore

You also start to run into Sorites Paradox here.

Where do you draw the line at what counts as "active"? if you do it based on number of battles, a player could log in, deploy one gunner, forfeit, and take the rewards. If you do it based on minimum bp gain, then how much bp should that be? Minimum victories? What if that player has an unlucky streak of battles. What about the high rank players that get you higher reward tiers, but can only attack a couple times a day due to lack of grog?

Say you got 200 bp, and that counts as active. Well what about 199 bp? 198bp? Keep decreasing by 1 - when does it become inactive? Surely 1 bp shouldn't be the difference between active and inactive. What about all the players that will get mad because that one day they happened to be one win short of making the cut, because of an unlucky battle, or they couldn't afford the grog for another fight.

Christy has the best solution there. If a player isn't pulling their weight in at least some manner (bp gain in rumbles, donating pirates, funding perks), make them walk the plank. Make your limits clear within your guild, and have a weekly culling of players that don't make the cut. Having them in your guild roster when they aren't doing anything only hurts you, since you're more likely to match against bigger guilds (at least in theory, if matchmaking gets fixed). Trim your fat :)

Fulcrum, awbo and Ian like this.
  4. Captain Jack

Since I've been in the Guild thats whats happened but at this rate it will drop from 28 down to about 20 if we keep it up but no one has checked if these members have contributed to guild through Pirate Donations or supporting perks, I personally wouldn't get rid of anymore until we're up in the 40's. I don'r personally get excited about rumbles, I raid more Gold and Grog on a normal day cos I don't mind getting the plunder and no stars, keeps my rank low so I don't compete with the big wigs, where as during a rumble its all about trying for BP's for the guild. We normally come second, first place usually have over 40 members and about 30 contribute and only half get over 100 BP's, but 15 pirates getting 100 BP's is going to lead to a final score over 1500, presently no more than 6 or 7 of us get over that, my personal aim is between 250 and 300.

The fat is unfortunately needed presently, looking at the list just now all members have been on in the last 24 hours but not everyone can spend loads of time playing all the time but might be able to get involved at say weekend rumbles, not sure.

Good point about a minimum score for rewards, where do you draw the line, if the guild Captain could decide I would call the line as low as 20, thats about 200 BP's more per rumble at least, throw in another 15 members and we will be seriously competing for first place every rumble.
    Not going to get excited about it, only a game but I do like trying for the top score from our gang of pirates, quite competitive that way.

5. BlueDaisy

BlueDaisy Powder Monkey

I'd be happy if just those members who fight in the rumble received the reward. I have more and more members each rumble who don't even put in 1 fight but still get the reward. I've been kicking people left and right for this yet the new members join the guild and do the same thing.
    At least if those who don't participate in the rumble don't receive the reward it could motivate them to put in a couple battles.

awbo and Christy like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Commodore

Automated systems such as those suggested based on: number of attacks, amount of BP, etc.. ends up disadvantaging somebody as it is a cold and linier approach to a specific problem. If the Captain is doing their job (as suggested by @Christy) then this can be a more flexible approach to the issue, allowing for the many unforseen (real life) issues that may occur. If a Captain does not have time to manage a Guild effectively, then maybe the (soon to be introduced) rank of QM may help with this.

Remember: This is a 'Guild Rumble' with 'Guild rewards' if you have freeloaders.. then manage them....

Christy likes this.
  7. Skye

Skye Commodore

Also if you don't log on for two days, I believe you can only collect rewards for the latest rumble, so someone can't go inactive for a week and come back to 250 free gems and full stores.

8. Christy

Christy Commodore

I'm not positive about that @Skye I thought I read somewhere here a while back about inactives getting all of the rewards. I would hope not

Skye likes this.
  9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

My understanding, at first you could collect multiple rewards, then they changed it so you could only collect one.

Christy, Bear and Skye like this.
  10. Bear

Bear Commodore

That's correct

11. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Love the banner bear. :D

Bear and Skye like this.
  12. BlueDaisy

BlueDaisy Powder Monkey

Oh I'm managing them. Right out the door! :)

Ian likes this.
  13. Captain Jack

Problem is some active players had friends who could not/did not join in and once they were booted they left, lost 4 active players on a day, all joined the same new guild. Since then there is less pirate donations and Perks being funded and as you can appreciate the higher the perk the more Grog, Gold, BP's and Exp it costs for those like myself left behind. Only good thing is the original Capt is back with friends, good for rumbles but they as=re starting from scratch so no Perk support from them yet.
    I suggest moderation, wait till high numbers are achieved then get rid of the worst non contributors in small numbers to try maintain over all Guild numbers with a final aim of over 40 actives, think 50 is unrealistic to maintain unless your a top level Guild

14. icedric

icedric Powder Monkey

Maybe the best way was to can exclude member from the active battle (only the battle not from the guild)...
    in our guild someones cannot fight every day, but we doesn't want to loose them, or they can take the reward...
    only the captain and seconds should have this option...

or maybe to add a minimum BP parameters in the guild params, to keep the rewards...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015