Sadie barely scratching walls.

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Wilkopuppy, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

Ever since I upgraded her to lv 20 Sadie doesn't seem to do as much damage with her skill as I remember. Lv 20 was supposed to add 4900 damage to walls and now she's barely scratching lv 7-8 walls. It's bad enough that my WD just stands next to her for no reason, now it seems her wall skill doesn't work right either.

2. awbo

awbo Captain

And she really needs those wall skills seeing as she loves to stand there shooting through three layers when there is a lovely hole right next to her :)

3. TTFN

TTFN Crew

Lol

4. bucket

bucket First Mate

Having the same problem here. Upgraded her past lvl 20 and she just breaks one lvl 7 wall. At lvl 19 she was breaking 6 lvl 9 walls. Not sure whats going on. I hate it that the wd just sits there around sadie. I never deploy them together anymore.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

The wall she targets is the only one taking full damage, nearby walls take reduced splash damage.

Its possible that the splash damage is in fact messed up at certain levels (and Lynsey should certainly look into this, I wouldn't be surprised if its setting the damage to 4900 instead of adding it, which would only be 1633 splash damage and wouldn't do much to high level walls).

I hadn't really tried Sadie until I got her to 25, at which she destroyed PH9 walls with no issue but doesn't completely destroy PH10 walls (depending on SM and LP), so she seems to be working at least at 25.

Keep in mind that an LP that boosts walls and max SM vs having no SM/LP on defense will make a huge difference to if she destroys it or not, so don't overlook those possibilities. The LP will absorb damage, so its possible that is absorbing a lot of the damage.

6. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

I could be crazy but I also remember her trashing the same level walls before I upgraded to lv 20. Now she doesn't even seem to destroy the one she targets and the one around it don't seem to take much damage at all. I know there's LP buffs but it seems odd that she would go from taking out a whole brick of 2500-2750 hp walls to not even destroying one brick when she's supposed to be doing more damage. It could all be the way it's supposed to but it seemed odd to me so I figured I'd bring it up

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I'll double check the skill values now, but just to clarify how Sadie's power works:

1) Sadie's charge will always break the wall segment that she's targeting, regardless of her level or that of the wall
    2) Sadie's charge does splash damage with two values - the first is wall specific, the second is to everything else (she does more damage to walls). If the HP of the surrounding walls is higher than that her splash damage value, she'll only do partial damage to those walls. If the HP of the walls is lower than her splash damage, she will also destroy those walls.
    3) The HP of the walls can be impacted by certain Legendary Pirate defensive buffs, so it's always worth checking whether Romeo or Sadie are on Fort duty when attacking - it can make the difference between breaking a large hole double or even triple layered walls, and only breaking the first layer.

I'll let you know if I find anything odd.

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

I FOUND ODDNESS!

You're not wrong - Sadie's secondary splash value (the one that hits non-wall buildings and defences) goes up, but her wall value... er, let's just say it's a bit wrong. Fixing it now, I'll see if I can get it pushed out with tomorrow's maintenance!

9. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

Yay, I'm not crazy lol

Becker Redbeard and John56 like this.
  10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Aaand just for more clarification, the value for the damage increase is supposed to be just the amount it's increased over the previous value - because the value for the level 20 increase was faulty, it was instead filling in the string with the previous total damage (hence being 4900!). So, when it updates, the value will be smaller, as it will just be the increase, but it will actually work correctly (and will be an increase from level 17!).

11. Skye

Skye Commodore

Does this mean the increase at level 25 of "6500" is really the total damage as well?

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep!

13. Lynsey [Midoki]

This has been fixed in the maintenance just now.

Ian and Ebow like this.