Save replays to device

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Bear, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

The title says it all really. I just wish we could save replays to our devices. That way we could share them via whatever means we would like. I'm part of a groupme group for the game that's not guild specific. I'd like to share replays on there. If I could save to device then I could. And I'm sure some would like to upload to YouTube. All this would be possible if we could save to device.

Kelani likes this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'm not sure the conversion to straight video would be that easy....
    Correct me if I'm wrong @AngryBeard @Chris [Midoki] @Sir Bugsalot but the replays work on the principal of feeding attack data into the game and simulating a replay rather than streaming a video of a replay. In doing so you would only have to store small amounts of data per attack vs saving a full video file.

Don't get me wrong Bear, I would love to do this, but I don't see it as a possibility, given what would be necessary to convert the data to video

3. Would be awesome, that way we can share our raids and defenses on this forum YouTube and all over the internet.. #Braggrights

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. I have no idea if it's possible. That's why I suggested it though. Gotta ask or ill never know.

5. JeffieTD

JeffieTD Powder Monkey

Yup. What they could do though is add EveryPlay integration. That would probably address what Bear is asking for.

6. Denis

Denis Crew

You can do it with Mac. Just connect your iDevice via USB, then launch QuickTime Player and Start New Record. You can change camera type for ex. from iSight to iPhone. All from screen of your iDevice will be recorded.
    P.S. I do it with OS X 10.10

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  7. Bear

Bear Commodore

I wonder if this will work on pc with QuickTime.

8. Denis

Denis Crew

You need app like Reflector for Windows. Its AirPlay reciver. Then you can mirror your iDevice screen to PC and can record it

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Thanks. I'll look into that.

10. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Yes you're right, that is how it works. As suggested you could record straight to a Mac running Yosemite via a USB, or when I am capturing footage to Win I use an Elgato HD60

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  11. For all your defenses on you Wynn account you mean?

12. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

No I mean Windows.... I am primarily working on PC

Bear and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  13. Kit

Kit First Mate

It was a nice try, Fish. And a good deflection by Chris. :D

Bear and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore