Scuba Steve

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by One-Eyed Willy, Aug 25, 2015.

1. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

Errands Errands Errands!! "Hey Squidward, are you finished with those errands?"

A lot of people are complaining about not being able to find the particular resource needed to upgrade their respective legendary pirates.

When errands were implemented they accounted for the 5 resources used in the game:BP,EP,Gold,Grog,Gems(rarely)

Now that their are new resources used in the game shouldn't it be appropriate that they can also be obtained through the errand framework?

My idea is to have a new pirate who works on the errands who is a deep sea diver/or cavern explorer who seeks buried treasure(mainly battered chests)

For errands that take 3-30 minutes battered chest could be attained. Merchant and Quartermaster chests could also be found at the cost of a more lengthy errand up to several hours.

Similarly to how gems appear infrequently in errands, so could the chests. Maybe limiting their appearance would still encourage users to purchase chests with gems. But allowing for the discovery of chests(even battered ones) through the errand system would not only make sense(seeing as every other resource can be obtained through errands) but it would also serve as a nice remedy for those who are having difficulty finding their desired materials.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like it. I'd have a reason to finally use errands.

850arrr likes this.
  3. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

+1000000, I like that idea.

I have only received gems twice since the errands were introduced and I always have them running (because I like watching paint dry). The amounts you get from them sure are tiny and insignificant. The big joke is seeing the gem to finish icon for errands :eek:, why on earth would anyone gem to finish an errand is beyond me. However, if they were more lucrative then maybe I would use gems to finish them, just saying.

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Never use errands atm, waste of time and the reward is a bad joke:p This would solve the problem!

+1

850arrr likes this.
  5. Ian

Ian Commodore

+1.. for all the above reasons

850arrr likes this.
  6. Christy

Christy Commodore

We were recently talking about that in our guild. +1000 to this one.

Love the sponge bob reference @One-Eyed Willy +1000 for that as well :)

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Scooba Steve is a Big Daddy reference. Unless you mean something else. I'm not up on SpongeBob

850arrr likes this.
  8. Tex

Tex Commodore

While we're on the topic...
    How about adding Treasure Chests and LP materials as rewards for viewing ads?

850arrr and Skye like this.
  9. Skye

Skye Commodore

+1 for materials from errands
    +1000 to replace treasure chest rewards with a battered chest.

850arrr likes this.
  10. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Powder Monkey

+1 Great idea!

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yup!

12. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Yes! Maybe we get LP materials as Errand rewards?

850arrr likes this.
  13. One-Eyed Willy

Well, @Ultimate Sea Dog that might be a little perplexing but rewarding a chest(containing those materials) would be a very simple and easy solution.

850arrr likes this.
  14. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

15. One-Eyed Willy

Thank you all for your feedback. I would love to hear what midoki's @Lynsey [Midoki] stance on the matter is.

16. Scar Face

Scar Face Crew

I like that idea.

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

+1 to all of this :)