Second Accounts in Rumble

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Craggy 8, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Craggy 8

Craggy 8 Powder Monkey

In a Rumble at the moment - and my guild is battling hard - but we are pushed into second by a guild who's top three accounts are clearly second accounts. They are named things like red... Then red 2 etc.

Pretty naive to second accounts but firstly is this allowed ? Is it widespread ? And what if any action can I take ?
    I Have about 35 active players this rumble - who are nearing 5.5k bp at the minute with four hours plus left - but they are getting demoralised ... Because these three second accounts have over 2k bp between them.

Any advice ?

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

Some people own more than one ipod/ipad/phone/tablet, and play a couple islands that way, which is legitimate.

However, if they're a low level PH, they're "minis" taking advantage of the system to easily score a lot of free points.

If you're running into problems facing PH2 putting up thousands of points every rumble, the current solution is to limit all members in your guild to PH7+. If all your members are at least PH7, according to the new matchmaking rules, you shouldn't face minis.

Midoki is currently working on a new scoring system that will eliminate this problem without needing to restrict your guild member levels, but in the meantime, if you're having trouble with them, that works.

3. Craggy 8

Craggy 8 Powder Monkey

Thank you Skye - greatly appreciated.

Have you been to Skye - beautiful Island - Scottish you know.

Love

Scottish Seadogs.

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

I've been hoping to visit the Isle someday!

5. Craggy 8

Craggy 8 Powder Monkey

I'm going up there on Wednesday - Thursday as it goes - it really is worth making a trip for.

Skye likes this.
  6. Create second accounts yourself.

7. I'm skeptical that this works. We dropped our minis and still got matched against guilds with minis. I've come to realize they may be a necessary evil unless the scoring system is tweaked. Otherwise we all go broke during the rumbles trying to gain 35 gems.

8. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Thar be only ONE Red Privateer!

9. Craggy 8

Craggy 8 Powder Monkey

Just over two weeks ago, I posted my initial comment about second accounts and mini's, to be assured that Midoki had it in hand - there was a new scoring system being introduced.

Yet two weeks later, I'm in exactly the same position again - with my guilld getting demoralised because two mini's in an opposing guild have over 2.5k bp between them. We are 1.6k down with five hours to go.

My first mates and I have put great efforts into growing our guild, and are being failed by a game that effectively lets people cheat. The best option open to me at the moment seems to be - start cheating too.

Midoki - you are losing good players from this game - for good reason.

Please get it Sorted.

Kind regards

Scottish Seadogs.

theQueen likes this.
  10. theQueen

theQueen Powder Monkey

Hi, I'm a First Mate in Craggy 8's guild (see his comment right above). We are in the same boat as two weeks ago with "minis" but now there is another twist to our dilemma.

One account specifically in a rival guild has been live for 27 days, PH2, but over 15,000 battles! Now that screams of 'robot', not just mini.

Also, during this rumble, these two accounts have been active for the full duration with over 530 battles so far in one of the accounts with 4 hours to go - meaning no sleep, no work ... does that sound human to you?

For all of our efforts to recruit active players only to end up with a rumble outcome like this - now we are down 2k in bp with 4 hours to go...

Midoki - Fix It!

Regards,

Scottish Seadogs

Craggy 8 likes this.
  11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

New rumble scoring system will be soon. Midoki is in a damn if they do and damn if they don't situation. If they rush it, and it has bugs or has loopholes, people will complain why did you rush it and not get all the kinks worked out. If they take too long developing an efficient new scoring system, people will complain why taking so long. So, based on past experience on this forum, they remain quiet most of the time. They have announced a new scoring system is in progress and will soon be released. Based on how they have been treated in the past by people on this forum, can't blame them for not releasing any more info than that. We shot ourselves in the foot here long ago.

SitFlyer_ and Craggy 8 like this.
  12. theQueen

theQueen Powder Monkey

Thank you Spongee. For the record, I have screenshots of scores, profiles and islands if you need verification...

13. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Not a robot - simply the guild is sharing the mini account(s) between it's players in different time-zones. I am not endorsing or encouraging this practice - I am merely offering an explanation.

Craggy 8 likes this.
  14. Sam da Hawaiian

Sam da Hawaiian Powder Monkey

Lynsey, let's name names and let me know when you've finished correcting this problem:

Please remove/ban the accounts associated with the Pyckne (Cyrillic) guild. It's nonsensical. Conduct the analytics determine the violations and remove the perps. It's easy. Robots, minis, black magic, i don't really care how - they cheat and your developers will confirm it.

What I find troubling is that this isn't the first time this guild and members of it have been identified as cheating. For the sake of the integrity of the game and Midoki's reputation fix it.

guild.http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/active-hope-vs-french-guild.8950/page-2

For all those who have run into the same issue go ahead and name names below.

I look forward to hearing how you have resolved this issue Lynsey.

Your matter of fact powder monkey from the Scottish seadogs,

Sam

theQueen and Craggy 8 like this.