Self perk backing

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Paladinboyd, Jan 30, 2015.

1. I like a few others have no one in my guild as of which I think it would be best if we could could back a perk to 100 percent on our own instead of the curret system this would give the means to use the perk buildings and to able balance the game so players who have no guild can enjoy the game fully.

2. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

If you want to enjoy the game fully, you must join a guild.
    Guild is one of the most important parts of PP.
    In good guilds you have 24/7 perks and very active chat.
    There is the fun and you can learn a lot.

And btw It is very expensive to found all four perks all 26h alone.
    1,5 M of Grog every 26h only for Black Smith for example.

Look in recruitment forum and try some guilds.

My2Cents

Salty Snack and Tikigirl like this.
  3. I have a guild and no members the reason I ask for this update is to give the non social a chance to enjoy the game without needing to handle the abuse being in a guild can bring and I should know In galaxy legends I had a guild of 20 and only one person speaking to me that's hurt.

And I had no intent of using all guilds at once.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think a better solution would be, until you have say 10-20 members, the amount you can fund is, higher than normal, so smaller guilds can still use perks while they grow. After you get the "minimum" number of members, the funding rules change to match what they are now.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  5. Love it

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I don't know Kel, I'd say any guild with 3 or fewer members should be able to fully fund perks individually but after that they would have the full amount of members to back each perk so the solution would be moot. If one of the 4 isn't backing perks, get rid of them. The only way to have a strong foundation to a guild is to release the useless ones back into the wild

ElGordo likes this.
  7. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

A guild of one is not a guild, and should not be able to fund perks. It would be like me walking into the VP's office, declaring myself a union of one and threatening strike action.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Totally agree. I don't think a one or two person guild should be able to find 100%. However, since perks are a big draw of guilds, there needs to be a way where guilds with 3-10 (or so) members are able to fund them, otherwise, their ability to grow faces a big roadbloack. (This mostly applies to guilds who rely on random people joining). Who'd want to stay around if the perks aren't fundable?

9. Right I can see where this is going so how would I make my guild stand out how would I get more members in my guild.

10. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Well,
    Marketing is the answer.
    Atm
    - you have no avatar so you are harder to remember
    - you have no signatur with your player name and your guild name (plus picture maybe) so nobody know your guild

and you can use the recruitment forum
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?forums/recruitment/
    to advertise your guild

11. My ipad won't load my avatar pic and I don't know how to make a signatur.

12. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Home -> Your Account -> Settings -> Personal Details
    Here you can choose a avatar, this could be picture you can make with your iPad or a picture xou have already saved on your iPad. Should be gif, jpg or png and at least 200x200 pix.

Home -> Your Account -> Settings -> Signature
    Here you can write your signature and you can ad a picture via icon with landscape look. This picture must have an url.
    See
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/ind...m-from-your-mobile-device-with-pictures.3935/

13. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

I'm all for smaller guilds being able to fund guild perks. Right now our guild is me and my husband. We're only able to fund the blacksmith and stonemason. And at this point we don't want to join a bigger guild or have a larger guild ourselves.

Kelani likes this.
  14. Ok today my training grounds perk is ready to be funded, but, ohh noooo only two pirates, myself and a fellow pirate are the only ones that can fund the perk, I waited four days to have it ready to go but, we are only allow 25% EP funding each which makes it 50% total, now what? go harass everyone in my gruild to run and get the training grounds? Doesn't make any sense, we should be allow to contribute at least 50% each that way we are not stuck or have to wait eight more days until two more pirates get theirs, please make a change were instead of 25% funding per pirate gets increase to at least 50 or even 100%, why not?.

Thanks.

Cocobean likes this.
  15. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Yes. Harass your guildies. Awesome perk, they should all have it ASAP.

16. Salty Snack likes this.
  17. Instead of yelling at each other for perk backing why don't we have the option to self back or have a bank in which put a weekly sum to be use for perks that way we don't have players who have been attacked (British evil laugh and twirling of 1920's villian moustache) panicking or being kick out of guilds for not having funds for perks.

18. If you find yourself in a guild where people yell about perk funding. Leave and join a propper guild. Because I find that a weak argument IMHO.
    A real guild races to fund their perks. Why? Because everyone profits from it!

Ian, # Johnny Doe # and Kelani like this.
  19. Ture but you may get some who want money money money regardless of players well being so I thought we could put in safe guards so guilds would not descend into cvil war