Shared replays showing inaccurate scores during Thunderstruck event

Discussion in 'Guild Bugs' started by ElFrenetico, May 17, 2016.

1. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

Hi!

It's probably a bit late for this now, but I'll mention it in case the Thunderstruck event comes up again in the future (fingers crossed).

A few players in our guild have shared replays of defensive battles and found that the replay (both in the comment feed and when viewed) shows that the attacker scored a higher percentage than they did according to the same battle viewed in the defense log.

We can't reliably duplicate it, but we've seen it come up a few times and I don't think I saw it happen before the Thunderstruck event.

I know this might not be enough to go on. If I can get more info, I'll follow up here with it.

Thanks!
    -Mike

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

While it isn't easy to tell where things went different during a defense, since you don't know what actually happened:
    One idea is to record an attack as you're doing it, and then record the replay, and see where they diverge.

One theory is that the buff/nerf to the defenses/raiders isn't being applied during the replay, so its showing what would have happened had they not been in place, however I don't think this explains how some replays are different across multiple replays (which is probably yet another additional bug - if you find this happening, recording both replays and comparing to figure out where they went different would help). I also believe streak bonuses and LP outfit buffs may not be being applied properly during replays. If a player had an LP with them for example, but never deployed it, the buffs are in place during the attack, but since it wasn't deployed, the replay may not know to apply those. Those may not all apply to any specific situation, but I believe they are all possible sources of replay divergence.

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep, unfortunately the storm buffs/nerfs aren't being applied correctly to the replays, so leading to inaccurate results. We'll have this sorted for the next time we run the event (or a similar event)!

Ian and John56 like this.