Ship, balance and war

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by DookuBaron52, Mar 14, 2015.

1. DookuBaron52

DookuBaron52 Powder Monkey

I really like the game but there are some things i wanna see in the game:
    1. Ship command. Baisicly what i mean is using the ship during raids on other players or other AI levels by using abilities that assist your pirates in combat. For example the ship shoots a medkit that has a big radius and heals all friendly piretes within it in a specific time, have the ship shoot it's canons at a single target or a smokebomb shielding the pirates so that way the turrets don't see them(what would make it really cool is that the ship would be sitting next to the island actually shooting the stuff).
    2. Balance system. One problem i constantly have about the game is that i get constantly attacked by people that are way further into the game and have much better stuff than i have leaving me with no chanche of winning. And when i wanna attack someone i have to spend sooo much money sometimes looking for some guy i have a chance at winning against. If you can input a system that looks at how powerfull a person is (how powerfull defences he has and how powerfull pirates he has) then the system can look for people that are equally powerfull in defence or offence. This way players can actually feel like they are actually getting better (instead of a powerfull dauchebag attacking someone who can hardly fight back or a weak guy attacking a guy and then the guy attacking gets slaughtered) and they won't have to worry about spending tons and tons ammount of money.
    3. Guild war. I know it sounds obvoius but wouldn't it sound cool? And i'm not just talking about a guy in one guild attacks anouther guy in the opposite guild like in clash of clans (which would be good to have). I am also talking about ship battles. Good idea? I just get the chills when i think about ship battles.

That's all for now. If you don't understand some of the ideas i will reply and try my best to explain them. Please get this to the others so atleast they can think about it, i wanna have some affect on the game so i can feel proud about myself.

2. Tex

Tex Commodore

Hi there @DookuBaron52 . I see this is your first message so welcome to the forum. Sounds like you wound up here the way many of us did, you really enjoy the game and are trying to get better. Here's some feedback regarding your suggestions:
    1) I really like this idea. Don't think anyone else has suggested the medkit or smokescreen concepts. Brilliant!
    2) In the next release(s) Midoki is going to implement some changes you will be very pleased with in the short term. For example, PH 7-8 will only be able to attack each other. While this will help you in the short run, it may prevent you from growing as fast as you like. At this point all of us at PH 7-8 went through the pains you are feeling. We loved the game so we hung in there and worked on strategy, which you can find out in other threads. The good news is that you eventually learn how to play the game and the tables are turned. Meaning you are attacked less as you get stronger, but also gain more loot. It's great because at that point you can really have fun and grow strong! But with the proposed changes, the loot will be so tight when you finally reach PH7 it will take you 2-3 times as long to become PH8 as the rest of us.
    3) Aye my friend! We've been craving this for a long, long time. When it finally arrives it will probably help resolve suggestion #2.
    Happy Pirating! :cool:

3. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

@DookuBaron52, welcome to this forum
    if the avatar is a picture of yourself you are young, so young that you was born with the modern internet.
    So you should know everything about the internet and how it works as a user, as a digital native.
    Forums and especially this forum has at the top masterlists, collection of ideas with comments.
    see for example
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/ind...provements-feature-requests-master-list.1922/
    All of your three ideas are wellknown:
    • change in balance system is announced
    • guild wars are in planning
    • seabattles are discussion
    just search for information in this forum
    read, write, ask, be active and have a good time in this forum

Don't forget to read the last message from Midoki in PlunderPirates and on Facebook
    Guild Ship will come!

Happy Plundering!

4. Ian

Ian Commodore

Welcome aboard... You have some very interesting ideas.