Ship will not return from exploring

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by Timothy, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Timothy

Timothy Powder Monkey

I sent my ship out exploring and once it finished and I pressed the button on the ocean map, in the middle of the map, to conclude the journey and return my pirates the button disappeared but the green line showing the ships path did not. This happened around 9pm yesterday. I have tried touching all over the screen, dragging ect. rebooted my ipad, and re-installed the game a couple times. Also, the button (buttons?) at the bottom of the screen are gone. The game is not frozen, but the only way I have found to exit this screen is to press the add gems button on the left which moves me back to my island screen when it opens the purchase menu, then closing the purchase box. On the island menu the ship is gone and has the 'Gone Exploring' buoy in it's place. I can still interact with the 'ship' as I was just able to upgrade it as it is, (No change after it finished upgrading) and I can access the battles on the ocean screen (Burt, Pirate Fortress) and play them. That is all I can think of, let me know if I can answer any questions or try any steps for resolution. Thank you -Tim

Also-
    (1) I have tried to purchase gems several times periodically since the game went live and when I do the screen dims and I get the loading icon in the bottom right but it just spins indefinitely. Dunno if related/relevant.
    (2) Unrelated, I made an account yesterday to post this but I could not log in and have tried several times yesterday/today to reset the password and get the message telling me an Email has been sent but have never received one. Finally made another account with a new Email as it says mine is in use. screen.jpg screen.jpg

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, this is a known bug that we are currently in the process of fixing. Apologies!

3. Byron Hu

Byron Hu Powder Monkey

Hi Chris, it's now been more than 2 weeks, and no fix! I've deleted the game, re downloaded it, as well as tried to play on other devices to no avail!! Please help!!!

4. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, sorry to hear this. PM me with your player name/ID and we can investigate.

5. Mathisme

Mathisme Powder Monkey

[​IMG]

This happened to me as well.
    As you can see there is nothing to tap to collect the ship

6. Mathisme

Mathisme Powder Monkey

I am currently upgrading my ship. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

7. Mathisme

Mathisme Powder Monkey

It's fixed. After the upgrade finished, I was able to collect.

8. Trek

Trek Powder Monkey

I'm having the same problem - I've deleted the game is it always reinstalls with the ship out exploring. I've upgraded my ship and that still doesn't fix it - when I launch the game my ship shows up in harbor but when I click on the map my ship is gone and I have the green exploring line on the map but no ship. When I go back to the island my harbor says "be back soon"

Any thoughts?

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

@Trek was your ship upgrading as well? Had you collected all awards from the trip? Including the pirates that returned? If yes to all those then it might be a glitch, and if so we should have an announcement today regarding the update. If not, try those fixes first

10. Trek

Trek Powder Monkey

It wasn't upgrading when I sent it out - Yes I collected all rewards including pirates. I'll wait for the update, plenty of other things to do in the game. Just didn't want to keep playing if this problem was going to continue for awhile

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Even if you started a ship upgrade after it was sent out it can affect the return, but don't be discouraged. You can always email support@rovio.com to get some relief too.

12. ray1102

ray1102 Powder Monkey

my ship also not return from exploring !! for 3 weeks !!!!!!
    when can fix it !?!?!? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Game id : w2pAN0NSaiM=

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Soon. The update should be here any day now

14. yeti

yeti Captain

So....I am having this problem for the first time now, so i think what ever update was supposed to fix it has not. My ship is (sadly) not upgrading, but it returned from exploration, i tapped to collect the remaining pirates, and now i am stuck. No ability to clear previous route or plot another

15. yeti

yeti Captain

I should add, i have this issue on both ipad and iphone, and have shut down app on both etc etc.

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

17. yeti

yeti Captain

Yep, did that from in game so they have my player info in email, just putting it out here too as the thread seemed to suggest the issues was fixed....my ship says no

Gangrene Beard likes this.