Ship won't defend

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Fufski, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Fufski

Fufski Powder Monkey

When click the ship there are two red fan areas which are supposedly the areas the ship's cannon can attack. I know this from the battle in the mission against Duoro where my pirate gets attacked by the ship. However when my village was attack by someone the ship doesn't do a single thing at all. I put a cannon in the ship's exact range and the ship did absolutely nothing. Strangely the ship did fire two shots when those pirates are out of the range from a certain degree (shown in picture), but after that it doesn't happen anymore even in the symmetrical position of that angle. And of course my village got decimated because of this.

This probably is a bug since when I was fighting Duoro stage 4 the ship did fire in reasonable area, which caught me out of surprise and caused my pirates to lose.

If not a bug then by all means the game didn't deliver a clear message about the ship's usability.

Please look into this issue. Thanks!

Picture1: ship did absolutely nothing when my cannon within range is attacked.

[​IMG]

Picture2: Ship did fire two shots at that specific angle.

[​IMG]

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Hi thanks for letting us know. It does sound like it could be a bug where the ship's visual defence arc is not exactly aligned with the actual targeted area.

We will investigate! :)

3. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Yes you're right. Depending on the orientation of the ship there are occasions where the ship's range and targeting area were slightly mis-aligned. We've fixed the bug and it will be in the next update.

Thanks for pointing it out :)

4. Fufski

Fufski Powder Monkey

Thanks for the timely update! :D

5. poo

poo Crew

yea ur ships position and direction is where it'll effect it. in my clan I try to teach new members about thier stuff. u should ask ur team mates for help

6. I was wondering about this myself. I thought it was a feature on upgraded ships or something, so I never stressed over it too much. Nice to see it was addressed and can't wait for the next update.

7. Cracking open an old thread..
    I had some attacks where my gunners would try to destroy the ship, and they were standing almost next to the ship (out of range of the cannons).
    But still the cannons fire at them at a insane angle which shouldn't be possible. I don't have any photo's or exact time of the battle's. But when it happens again I will try to take a picture of it. :)

8. Tumba

Tumba Crew

I've experi the same issue

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Those pirates really wanted to live :)

10. Now I have even more orphans living on my island, I don't know what to do with them anymore.. :p

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

You have mines and distilleries that need more crew....