Sir Henry Boggs just went away...

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by shopgirl, Sep 22, 2016.

1. shopgirl

shopgirl Powder Monkey

Hi!

I was eager on achieving my 18.000 points on this last event. It finished yesterday. So I sailed off to complete the points to earn the next reward. My boat would finish the journey about 1 hour before the event is over. So I thought, great, all is fine. When I checked online after the event was over I could only collect the things my sailors battled for me and unreveal another piece of land. But there was no reward from Sir Henry Boggs Event and no information about it. The wooden box (I don't know the name of the special box in English, since I play in German) is not collected.

I am asking why the event just disappears without rewarding us with what was achieved before it turned over.

It is not fair.

When you finish a battle guild and go online after it is over it works correctly, you get the notification and the corresponding reward.

Please answer on that or give me advice.

Thanks

shopgirl
    (Die Meuchelbande)

BBBD3000 likes this.
  2. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Unfortunately you have to collect the tokens from your last journey BEFORE the event finishes. I think you can still collect unclaimed rewards and chests - they are displayed to you when you log on, in the same way Rumble rewards are displayed afterwards.

3. shopgirl

shopgirl Powder Monkey

Thanks Capt. Sharky, but that is the problem. I could not collect any rewards after the event was over, eventhough my ship was through with the journey before time ran out.

Its different than the way rumbles are displayed afterwards.

Sorry.

4. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Apart from the tokens that the last trip would have given you, was there any reward or chest that you hadn't collected? By collected I mean actually clicked on to receive it?

You definitely would not have got the tokens from your last sail, as they can only be awarded if you collect your ship before the event ends. Therefore the award that those last tokens earned, would also not been given. Any other reward that you had got but not collected, would have been given to you when you next logged in.

5. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

You have to physically tap 'collect' on the rewards before the event ends to receive the rewards. Even if you completed the entire event before the event ended, if you didn't collect the rewards you would get nothing. Everything must be completed and collected before the event ends. Most guilds were reminding their members to collect everything before event ends.

As for those who did not finish the last sail, remember Midoki allows you to start the sail before event starts and have it count for the event if it finishes after the event starts. I feel this fairly balances out any complaints from people who complain about event ending while they are alseep or other reasons for not finishing the last trip. Everyone has chance to sail for 7 full days.

Now, if you completed them and tapped collect reward, but never received the reward then contact Rovio support and ask them to remedy the issue. There should be a record if you tapped collect rewards they can access to confirm the action was done and whether reward was received or not received.

6. shopgirl

shopgirl Powder Monkey

Thanks Captn Sharky and Spongee!

I didn't know that it works that way. Now I know and will have to leave meetings to get my rewards... haha

Anyway I am going to warn the guild.

have fun,

:)

7. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

Actually, many of our guild mates planned for their last trip to finish about an hour before the even was up.

Then, they logged in at that time, and BOOM the event had completed at a strange time.

The clock for this event was off at the end. That's the story from a few in our guild.

@Chris [Midoki] can this be verified please?

8. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

The event finished BEFORE their trip was over, even though the night before they set it to finish one hour prior to the event's end.

9. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

That's an interesting one. I'll need to check on the server what time the event was planned to end and what time it actually did end. Leave it with me :)

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

If I remember we had a similar issue with rumbles finish time and was related to the difference between the server and client clocks. Regularly clearing the game from memory (swiping up) and reloading the game clean always corrected the countdown timer.

HornyQuokka likes this.