Skellywags Combination

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by HunterToan, Mar 17, 2015.

1. HunterToan

HunterToan Crew

I have used variations of combining max level Skellywags with others recently. Below you see 33 skelly's included. I have to admit they are quite deadly and add more fun to new strategies. Feel free to post yours. I recommend y'all using this fellas ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    Jun and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  2. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

They are fun to use for a battle or 2.

Their also way to expensive like most troops. Still no where near a cost effective troop to use in every battle line up. Gunner/ Brute is still better and a lot more cost effective to use.

Skellies should cost 1,750 grog per unit at the very most if you want to see skellies regularly in player replays.

At least I tried their new skills out thou, which is more than I can say for the other troops that got revamped.

I still haven't even upgraded thieves nor will I.

HunterToan likes this.
  3. HunterToan

HunterToan Crew

Yeah, less profit to get by using skellywags. It is fun to do it sometimes.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  4. Jun

Jun First Mate

What if their cool down for the skill was a lot shorter, the duration much much shorter, and the ability stronger? It'd be interesting to micro them that intensively

HunterToan likes this.
  5. Skye

Skye Commodore

I prefer using skellies to jugs, because if used right they can absorb around the same amount of damage as 1 jug outside of splash damage (distract splash with a brute, and this is less of an issue), but do far more overall dps. Also, max level skellies are 3500 grog per skelly, which is cheaper per tavern slot than a max level jug by a decent margin. They also move faster than juggs, which is an important thing, have half stun duration, and distract defenses such as gun towers from focusing on your gunners and bombers much more effectively.

Its a bit hard to control a horde of skellies, especially without ching around anymore to rally them (if she rallied them, they absolutely destroyed before patch), but they are certainly a viable choice. Bit I still pick them over juggs. Right now I'm using 24 skellies rather than using 8 juggs, and it is working very well, and saving me quite a bit of grog over using juggs.

It also opens up a strategy that wasn't around before juggs. If you don't care about loot, and want a quick win, you can throw a couple brutes to distract mortars, and then swarm an exposed ph with a horde of skellies, and 20+ skellies can easily take down an exposed ph8 even with both gp lv 2 pounding on them the whole time before dying, for a quick 1 star thoughtless victory. This is WITHOUT needing WD, with WD they can easily sneak in any open gap style bases, and revive on the other side as needed if the splash adds up too much. But they barely take any damage while marrow shield is active, and they will make it thru the gap with 75%+ health in most situations, ready to wreck a base, without needing to use bombers to blow a hole in the wall.

Tex likes this.
  6. Skellies aren't viable if you're trying to accumulate grog. They are however, very effective at gold farming.