Sky raiders drop-off point

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by CyborgGR, Mar 5, 2015.

1. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

The sky raiders is a very good unit...BUT... They drop off wherever they want making them almost useless.

What if they just flew (according to the wind of course) and with a touch on them (or a button like a special ability), the player could decide the drop-off point.

Sleepy_toto and Kelani like this.
  2. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

I believe the drop point is determined by impeding structure or max distance of flight. With some practice I have found skyraiders use quite predictable and useful. On the other hand, your suggestion of a designed drop mechanism is quite interesting.

Vince, alebvk, Kawika and 1 other person like this.
  3. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Sorta "Bombs Away"?

4. Christy

Christy Commodore

Cut the parachute and DROP :D I like it. I would probably use them more since mine NEVER go where I want them. Although I am sure with enough practice it gets easier. My first time was hilarious when they all flew out into the wild blue yonder :eek: took them at least a minute to swim to shore and by that time they were too tired to do anything :D

5. I like this idea. Good as a special ability, after the rain of fire.

6. Excalibur

Excalibur Powder Monkey

That would be a nice idea, but with the rain of fire ability.... it would be TOO GOOD! What if the player decide to not to use the drop skill and let it fly across the whole island destroying all defenses with just rain of fire. xD

JimmyM32 likes this.
  7. How has the Sky Raiding going? I've been much happier with additional training (shocking? not! LOL). But, I was also going to add, since wind always blows from the southwest corner, you can always locate this corner as the one below the big skull rock corner ;)

8. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

I really dont use them. I prefer other units (so far)

9. Sky raiders never go where I want them. I haven't got the rain of fire ability yet and they are weak compared to my other units, so I don't use them.

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

Have noticed that islands are starting to be modified to take into account the flight Plath of potential sky raiders. Have been using them now for a while and are very effective to disable behind wall defences (if you can get to them now)...

11. Vince

Vince First Mate

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

The Sky Raiders are great troops and serve as a valuable asset for certain base designs. And they are just loads of fun to attack with too :D

13. Tex

Tex Commodore

I watched replay of guildmate executing an attack with 16 Flyboys. Quite impressive.

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

With 8 SRs and a little luck, you can take out 8-12 defenses before they meet their maker. 16-18 on the right island, and they'd be unstoppable. You may not even need any other troops, except for cleanup :)

15. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I have tried several attacks with 18 sky raiders - they don't go so well actually. Very hard to 3-star that way.

16. Ian

Ian Commodore

am waiting max out the training first (toughen them up) but might try that out one day

17. Ian

Ian Commodore

:-( oh well, glad to see someone else wanted to see how effective that would be..

18. Tex

Tex Commodore

The attack I witnessed was on one of those PPG style bases, but not properly defended against SR's. They sailed right into the middle of the base. Of course there were other troops involved as well as a sound strategy.
    But very effective I can assure you.

19. Ian

Ian Commodore

As it seems each base has it's strengths / weakness's (some more than others) shame we have to choose our troops before selecting our target base; but guess that's what make the game strategically interesting..

Tex likes this.
  20. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

How is this possible? i can only recruit 8. Is it because i left them at level 9?