Sky raiders...scared or stupid?

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by yeti, Feb 12, 2015.

1. yeti

yeti Captain

So...thought I'd finally give sky raiders a fly... Not the best idea I've ever had by the looks of it.

The biggest benefit is that they can fly over walls, right? No need for troops to stand there getting pounded while trying to break through, or rely on drunk bombers who may or may not decide to help...

So, I get mine aimed perfectly, they land inside, INSIDE the walls exactly where I want them, and they turn around and try and break OUT while being hammered by gun tower, cannon and mortar. WTF???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tikigirl and Bear like this.
  2. Tex

Tex Commodore

To what degree have you trained them?
    Mine are fully trained and work very well. That big gun can take down buildings before they hit the ground.
    Not to handy against bases that have properly tweaked defense.
    Taking another look at your screenshot mine have never done that. Weird.

Btw...welcome back. :)

3. yeti

yeti Captain

Thank you tex! Been crazy busy :(

They are fully maxed...maybe that's the problem! I've given them too much grog :eek:

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  4. Tex

Tex Commodore

Don't give up on them just yet. I've never seen mine try to escape. But agree with your too much grog hypothesis. One pointer, I usually try to distract weapons with other troops before sending them in. Tend to live longer that way.

yeti likes this.
  5. Kawika

Kawika Crew

I happen to like Sky Raiders. Deploying 2-3 at the right time can really help against tougher defenses. Wish they were on the rebalance list. AI seems wack at times

6. Tex

Tex Commodore

They could use a little more float distance too.
    With a properly tweaked base they will land just outside the walls. :confused:

7. Kawika

Kawika Crew

Makes it easier to chase down that builder's hut :D

Tex likes this.
  8. yeti

yeti Captain

Cheers, tex. The other troops were just offscreen on the right, but ended up getting slaughtered once the SRs ran around outside. Definitely need more practice with timing, but wondering if it's worth it after that!

9. Floki

Floki Captain

Have set up base so they cannot be flown over my walls....then it is east to clean them with fire.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Great shots, @yeti I've never seen mine do that before, but I think you proved there's some weirdness with them.

I was thinking they attacked defenses (cannons, specifically) preferentially, so they'd head for the closest one, but as your pics show, they landed right in front ofo ne, and ran away from it. Very strange, indeed. Hope the devs take a look at this.

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

I've had this happen one time. The SR had damaged a mine outside the wall with rain of fire, landed in the wall, then broke out to finish the job.

12. captaintau

captaintau Crew

I use six each raid and find they (usually) make a significant difference. When they don't, it's my error. The only problem I found was two-layer walls it seems there is space in a 2x2 section to trap an SR. They're so poor against walls as they can't escape. Although those that get trapped don't get shot at!