so what is the deal?

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by poo, Sep 21, 2014.

1. poo

poo Crew

what's the deal with the long maintance? I'm just curious

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

The maintenance being carried out is essential, and unfortunately can't be helped. A few players were reporting problems with getting online and contacting the servers. We're working as quickly as we can to get everyone back in and enjoying the game.

3. poo

poo Crew

understandable just wondering. I had an idea of what was happening

4. Admin [Midoki]

We know it's no ideal, and we are doing everything to get things fixed and back online ASAP. We really do appreciate your patience and continued support

5. Kevin T

Kevin T Powder Monkey

Any estimates on time frame for the server maintenance? Also suggestion for future maintenance is to have a banner in game notifying of "routine scheduled maintenance between hours of 2am-5am PST..."

Many software programs implement this and schedule the downtime during the least busiest hours. Anyhow I'm sure this was unavoidable, essential troubleshooting work. I've seen feedback in other threads about how to handled communication on the maintenance issues - seems the easiest is what I've mentioned above. This allows people to plan their schedules accordingly instead of waiting indefinitely.

Thanks and great game!

6. Admin [Midoki]

Thanks for your suggestions, they're good and well thought out. For scheduled maintenance what you're suggesting is a good idea. Unfortunately this weekend they have been more in the essential troubleshooting category and so are hard to announce.

We have been trying our best to keep them short.